she's kinda hot

Paisley Nichols' seventeen years of experiencing life in no way prepared her for what happened throughout her senior year of high school. She had always thought she'd fall in love one day, but not during high school, and surely not to a guy with tattoos who was known for his reputation to play with and break hearts.

It all started the first week of August, the weekend after her first few days of school. She had a shift where she'd worked for the past three months, Cold Stone. She wasn't all that fond of scooping ice cream, but it paid for gas, clothes, and her phone bill, so she stuck with it.

Just outside the shop stood four best friends, Luke, Michael, Ashton, and Calum who were all leaning up against the wall enjoying the warm summer air. Michael glanced inside the creamery to see it wasn't too crowded, and he turned back to his friends with a smirk. "Ashton, you should treat your very best friends with some ice cream."

Ashton rolled his eyes, "I already bought you guys pizza for lunch. You buy us some ice cream, Clifford."

Michael ignored the last part and turned to Luke. "Luke? My brother from another mother? My wingman? My-"

"No, Michael," Luke laughed. "You never buy us anything, I think we deserve ice cream bought by you."

"But I don't want to spend my money," Michael practically whined, turning to look back into the ice cream shop. "Hey, doesn't that chick go to our school?" He suddenly asked, noticing Paisley inside handing a small bowl of ice cream to a small kid.

Luke, Ashton, and Calum peek in and follow Michael's gaze, and Calum's the first to reply.

"I don't know. She's kinda hot though," he said, mentally wondering how he'd missed her if she did in fact go to their school.

Michael, who turned to Calum smirking, nudged him playfully. "You should hook up with her."

Calum shook his head. "Nah, she seems too innocent."

Michael's smirk grew as he said, "What if I dared you?"

Ashton stepped in right then, "Mikey, no. You know Calum won't ever turn down a dare."

"Wait, let me get this straight," Calum began, completely ignoring Ashton who just sighed and face palmed. "You want to dare me to hook up with her?" He asked, gesturing to Paisley who hadn't even noticed the four teenage boys peeking in the window.

"Hell yeah."

"Guys, Paisley-" Luke began but Calum cut him off.

"You know her name?"

"She's in our gym class, and she's one of the best athletes in our school, but she never goes to any parties," Luke replied in a 'duh' tone. When the other three boys gave him weird looks he sighed before saying, "Yes, I pay attention to people. You probably don't even know who Zachary Brian is either." Luke got his answer when Ashton, Michael, and Calum's faces became even more distorted. "Anyway, she seems too smart to even give in to someone like you," Luke said to Calum.

Calum raised an eyebrow. "Is that a challenge?"

"Hell yeah!" Michael exclaimed once again.

"No, I'm just saying-"

"I know I can do it. I'm irresistible," Calum stated, smirking while doing so.

After hearing what Calum had to say, Luke and Ashton shared a look, Michael just laughed, and Calum instantly started contemplating on how to trick Paisley into getting with him.

"All I can say is Paisley's smart enough to not do something stupid like a one night stand," Luke said.

"That's a good point Luke," Michael replied. He turned to Calum, "I bet you one hundred dollars that you won't get into her pants."