good girls

Paisley's eyes snapped opened when she realized her pillow was breathing. When she looked up Calum was already looking down at her. His arm was wrapped around her torso, and her head had been lying on his chest. She thought to herself how she wouldn't mind waking up like that every morning, and that thought made her cheeks redden, but Calum didn't seem to notice.

"Morning, beautiful." Calum said quietly, tucking a strand of Paisley's dark brown hair behind her ear. He looked into her blue eyes, and he smiled at her widely.

Paisley's cheeks redden even more at his compliment. "Morning."

"I should probably go." Calum said, looking at the time on Paisley's alarm clock. "The boys are probably worried about me. I'll see you later, babe."

Paisley sat up with a yawn. "Both of my parents are at work. You should be free to leave through the front door."

Calum smiled before sitting up and wrapping his arms around her. "Call me or text me." He kisses her on the forehead before he leaves, leaving Paisley baffled with butterflies swarming around in her stomach. She fumbled for her phone before grabbing it and dialing Skylar.

"Hello?"

Paisley sighed before replying. "Skylar, I think I'm crushing on Calum."

"So I'm guessing the date went well?" Paisley can practically hear the smirk on Skylar's voice.

"It was perfect, and..." She had to stop herself from telling Skylar about him coming to check on her after her dad hit her. She hadn't told anyone about her dad's abuse, not even her friends.

"And what?" Skylar pressed on.

"He stayed the night."

"HE WHAT?!" Skylar belted out, and Paisley realizes what she said could definitely be taken the wrong way.

"No, not like that. We just slept."

"Oh, thank god. You can't sleep with him."

Paisley was hurt by Skylar's words. What gives Skylar the right to make that choice for her? "And why not?"

"Wait, you were seriously thinking about sleeping with him?" Skylar asked sounding shocked.

"I don't know yet, but if I did decide to, why can't I sleep with him?"

"He's too much of a player, and you're too much of a good girl."

"I am not too much of a good girl." Paisley snapped.

"Honey, you report people for cheating to get brownie points with teachers. That's totally a good girl move."

Paisley frowned. "Maybe I'm changing."

"Paisley, not to be rude, but you went on one date with a so called 'bad-boy', and you're ready to say your scandalous? Sorry, but that's not how it works."

Paisley realized then that maybe she was too much of a good girl, and one side of her wanted to show everyone that good girls didn't necessarily have to be good. "You'll see." She ends the call, and she pulls up another number to text.

~

Calum arrived at the skatepark where he, Ashton, Luke, and Michael always hung out at, and he waved at the three of them who were sitting on a park bench.

"Where have you been?" Michael asked.

"Paisley's," Calum replied nonchalantly.

"All night?" Luke exclaimed, his eyes widening as he expected the worst.