out of my limit

Paisley sat on her bed, lounging with her German Shepherd, Zeus, right next to her as she watched a movie. Her phone buzzed so she paused her movie and looked down expecting a text message from one of her friends.

Instead she saw her alarm flashing the time 7:30 and she wondered why she would ever set an alarm for 7:30 in the evening until she remembered she promised Calum that she would go on a date with him at 8.

She turned off her TV and gave her dog a kiss on the head before picking out her clothes and getting dressed.

Once she found herself looking presentable enough to go on a date she walked downstairs into the living room where her mom was reading a book.

"Your father is coming home tonight so don't stay out too late." she said not taking her eyes off of her book.

Paisley mentally rolled her eyes, "Okay." she responded. She wasn't fond of her father. He was rarely home and when he was they didn't even spend much time together. He was more like a distant relative rather than a father to her. 

Paisley saw an unfamiliar car through the window and when the car stopped and Calum stepped out of it Paisley found herself smiling.

"I've got to go mom. Bye. Love you." she rushed out before running out the door to meet Calum on the sidewalk.

"Hello Paisley." he smiled his award winning smile, "I was going to go and introduce myself to your parents but I guess you're ready to go." Calum laughed.

"That's okay." Paisley rushed, practically pulling Calum away from her house and towards his car before her mom could look out the window and see some boy that looks like he could be a delinquent taking their daughter on a date.

Once the two of them were driving away from her house, Paisley let out a sigh of relief.

"So I have a confession to make," Calum began, causing Paisley to suddenly get very nervous about what he was going to say, "I didn't really have a good idea for a first date and I wanted to do something different so I kind of Googled what we should do for our date." Calum said sheepishly.

Planning a romantic and creative date was definitely out of Calum's comfort zone and Paisley found it absolutely adorable that he was so worried about making this a fun night for her that he Googled date ideas.

Paisley didn't say anything, she just smiled at Calum when he glanced over at her for a response.

"So what did Google come up with?" Paisley decided to ask, curious as to what they were going to do for their date.

"Well, we're going to become tourists in our own city." Calum said reaching down on the floorboard and pulling up a map that he picked up from the stand at the town's visiting center.

"Ooh, fancy." Paisley said cracking a smile.

Calum pulled into the parking lot at the local park and the two of them climbed out of his car. "The park. This doesn't seem very historic." Paisley said looking around.

"There's a lot more history here than you think." Calum smirked, waving the brochure he held in his hand at Paisley.

She laughed at him before the two walked into the park, stopping at all the little monuments that were marked on the brochure until they made it all the way through the park.

"And now, we go to Main Street." Calum said, his eyes glued to the brochure.

So the two of them went, and they walked down Main Street together. They stopped and took pictures together at different shops and bought a couple things.