Part 6. His Anger

Matt was angry. That's an understatement. He was seething. Ever since he stumbled on that website and found the cam girl who happens to be his secretary, he was furious, jealous and went through a myriad of emotions.

He pulled an all-nighter and managed to watch a few other videos, trying not to scream at her confession. Matt had no idea that she was so gone for him and wanted to be owned by him, in short. The sheer one-minute admissions at the end affected him more than her nakedness in the video. He was challenging the entire time; after all, he's a man you cannot blame him for that.

Rachel had feelings for him. That thing kept him awake all night. He couldn't process that his secretary was hiding her feelings for so long. Why didn't he figure out earlier? Was he so blinded by that fact that they were supposed to be professional? He had so many questions going on in his mind.

After staying up for the better part of the night, he woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

He had a scowl plastered on his face when he stepped inside the office. It only widened when he noticed that Rachel was not there to greet him. His day started with her greeting and after the night before he was itching to see her. Biting back his huff, he stalked in his empty office, throwing the bag and angrily unbuttoning his coat.

Matt had no idea why he was so angry about Rachel, not showing up. His eyes immediately trailed towards the clock, and he twisted his lips. It was nine in the morning. A bit unusual of her to not show up. Or was he too early? Shaking his head, he plopped down on his seat, frowning at his messy desk.

A knock sounded on his door. Excitedly he looked up only to notice the sales manager, Ashton. He had a broad, bright smile on his lips for nine in the morning.

"Come in." His deep voice rumbled around the room. Matt folded his hands together, resting them on the table.

"Yes, Mr Dell?"

"Good morning, sir" Ashton grinned.

"Morning" Matt grumbled, trying to not show the irritation on his face. No one was at fault except his secretary, who was late.

"Sir I wanted your signature on these files" Ashton slammed a bunch of files on the desk.

Matt raised his brow at the bunch. He had no desire to do anything. Instead, the mere presence of Ashton was annoying him. It's not known knowledge among the other employees, but he starts working five minutes after he's in his office. In those minutes he chats with Rachel, waits for her coffee and gets settled. His secretary is the only one who knows that. That's why she tries to ward off others and keep them on hold for a few minutes.

"Sir?" Ashton cleared his throat.

"Mr Dell let's forget about these for a second. Where are your monthly review files? I never got those. They were due last night. I have to send them to our investors, but because of your incompetence, I will have to wait a full day. It makes me wonder if you're taking this job seriously or not," Matt met his eyes while sliding that slammed paperwork away from his desk to one corner.

Ashton weakly shook his head. "I am so sorry, but I am the best man for my brother's wedding, which has occupied most of my time. He did not hire any planner, so there's been a lot left to do."

"Well, what do you want me to do about it? That's not a valid excuse, Mr Dell. If you don't start to focus on your work, you won't be able to afford your wedding. Is that clear?" Matt barked harshly.