14

KIAN

Shivers ran down my spine as I witnessed Chleign choke Adison to death. Her eyes drew my attention. It wasn't the same as I remembered. Her eyes were wicked and, most of the time, frightening. But I still accept that my girl isn't just an average woman. She's incredible.

I'd think twice, if not more, about approaching her while she's still laughing like a wicked witch with her mouth wide open. I'm at a loss for what to do. I'm not sure why my body stiffened. My throat was parched, as if I hadn't spoken in a year. I had an odd feeling while watching Chleign's triumphant laughter.

"Love," finally, a voice came out from my mouth.

I gasped when she looked at me like I was a stranger. My heart beats so fast as if I run for an hour. If I could hear my heart beat, I swear, you can't hear the loud gun shots everywhere.

"K-Kian?" Chleign run towards me then I automatically wrapped my arms around her small waist. She smells sweet mixed with a smell of blood. I ran my fingers through her hair when I heard her sobs.

It breaks my heart every time I see her cry. She's my weakness and my strength all at once. She is both my house and my comforter. That's why jubilation returned to my life when we saw each other again, and our feelings remained unchanged.

"I-I... w-was eaten by my anger... I-I--"

"Shh... calm down, calm down." I whispered, then kissed her on the top of her head. Her sobs grew louder as she buried her face in my chest.

"I-I'm sorry... I-I'm really really sorry..." she said.

I keep my mouth shut while I listen to her. On how she regrets everything, how she doubted herself, and how she cried because the other people trapped in this place with us.

Our time is running so I grabbed her hands and started to run away with her to find the exit route. It is not the perfect time to express your guilts inside or else, we'll die in this damn place.

Kailangan namin makaligtas mula rito, we have a daughter that's waiting for us.