Moving In

Sighing silently, I throw my head back against the couch and pick up another small packet filled with another person's bank statements. So far, the three of us have been at this for hours but it since it's statements for a whole year we have to find patterns and find any suspicious activity. It's much harder to find since many people just randomly withdraw money or deposit it.

Blake Rossi. His monthly pay is deposited into his bank account always on time, a certain amount of money every month is used to pay for his credit card bills, and every few months he takes out a $100 cash, probably for spending reasons for when he runs out of cash. That was pretty much is routine for the past six months but after that it changes heavily.

My interest perks up when I see how much his credit card bills have increased. It was more than what he made a month. Though after two months he was getting payments from another account, the account number doesn't match any of Rodrigo's. The payments aren't big either they just seem like someone paying him back. There was nothing suspicious about it so I went ahead and set it on the regular pile.

Even though we've been doing this for hours and there are three of us, we still have a lot of packets to go through before being finished. It was already 8 and Pietro and Enzo had not come back.

My attention is drawn to the door when I hear it open. I let out a little laugh when I see who it is, "think of the devil and the devil shall appear." Pietro shakes his head and laughs a little, "come on it's time for dinner." With that being said, we all get up and leave the study. Lucky for them, their dinner is already made, I have to go back and make my dinner.

Once we reach the hallway that leads to the dining room, I continue straight but stop when I hear Pietro calling me. "Where're you going?" I look at him in confusion, he should know exactly where I'm going, "I have to go make dinner." I point behind me indicating that I'm going back to my wing.

"No. Just eat with us. It's too late for you to go back and cook. Besides I already told Mom to make more for you. Right Dad?" Pietro turns to my Father-in-law asking for his support. Before I could refute the invitation, my Father-in-law speaks up, "yeah sweetheart, just eat with us. Ah-" he puts his hand up stopping me from refuting, "I will not take no for an answer. Now come on."

I sigh in defeat and follow them to the dining area. Where did Salvatore go? He probably left, not caring what I did for dinner.

Even though I have no interest in eating dinner with them because of the amazing Salvatore and his sister, I'm very grateful to Pietro and my Father-in-law. Enzo's parents were absolutely amazing the only two people that I have problems with are Salvatore and Arabella. My in-laws are humble people.

They even took Pietro in when he was 3 years old and treated him as their own child. They found Pietro one night when they were out in the city, he is the same age as Salvatore so they all grew up together as a family. The days Pietro didn't eat dinner and lunch with me he ate with them.

As we approached the dining table, I could see everyone already seated waiting for us. One by one everyone took their seats, leaving only two seats available for me. I t was either beside Salvatore or the seat beside that, next to Arabella.

Shit! This was so bad. Do I sit next to the man who despises me or next to his sister who threatened me?

With all the courage in me, I went ahead and sat next to Arabella. At least she doesn't intimidate me. Sure, she's rude but she doesn't make me want to run 20 miles in the opposite direction.

"Now that everyone's here, lets start dinner." My mother-in-law claps her hands as we all dig into our food since it was already plated.

Conversations soon started back up but luckily this time no accidents happened. Once we were done eating, I went ahead and helped clean up. It would've been rude to just eat and then leave. Even though the family has enough money to hire help to do all of this, I really like the fact that they do everything on their own when it comes to things family related.