Chapter Six: Losing Attention

Jaxon had said nothing to me all day; in fact the most I got was a glance here and a smirk there. I hadn't said a word to Sarah about everything that happened at the date and although I wanted to, I also wanted to see if Jaxon would make the date seem anything more than what I was making it to be. I had to keep his attention, but I also needed him to show me some first before I threw myself on him.

I was beginning to sound like an average skank. Emily and I could be friends again in no time.

"Okay, so what's up with you and the player?" Sarah asked as she walked into my art class. "Did the date go well?" She asked as she pulled a chair up next to me.

I groaned and she sighed. "Don't you have another class to be in?" I teased as she smiled. "You shouldn't be watching me paint, why didn't you ask at lunch?" Sarah shrugged and I smiled back at her. I pressed a soft pastel onto my drawing and glanced back at her. "I kissed him," I whispered and she began to wiggle.

"You did what?" She asked loudly and I glanced around at all the faces now staring at us. "You didn't," She whispered as she leaned in and I pulled out my phone. She took it eagerly and I laughed lightly.

I sat quietly as she seemingly stared at the one text and giggled unbelievably. I glared at her as I continued my drawing of the morning skies. Finally she thrust my phone back into my hand as if it were to burn her and pulled on her brunette hair.

My phone buzzed and I glanced down at it.

Jaxon: A pretty girl like you should sit by me at lunch.

Jaxon: Or kiss me again, I'm not picky.

Sarah giggled over my shoulder and I sighed at her. "He's really not that great,"

"Well I would love to jump in bed with him for you, but I have my own play toy," Sarah teased and I shook my head before looking down at my phone. "Flirt," Sarah said simply as she tapped away on her own phone.

Me: Hmm...such a hard decision...

After a moment of staring at my phone I sighed. There was no way I was going to wait on a guy to text me back like this.

Within the next two periods I was sitting in the back of class. The girls from the other day arguing in front of me again and sending hate glares in my direction. I sighed loudly, about to say something when my phone buzzed.

Jaxon: A hard decision. I'll tell you what's hard ;)

I choked on air and began to cough as my eyes read across the message. The girl in front of me glared and I hit my chest lightly.

"Can't you cough the other way?" She snapped and I made a face before looking down at my broken phone screen. Catching me she laughed. "Does that stupid phone still have a broken screen?" She asked bitterly and I stiffened.

"Don't talk to her, Ash," The other girl said and I turned my hard gaze to her. "She's the new skank after Jaxon Rhyker," the girl spat and the other, Ash, scrunched her nose up at me.

"Did you just call me a skank?" I said hatefully and she smirked. I shoved my phone into my pocket and took in a deep breath as I stood up from my seat, my body shaking at the adrenaline rising beneath my skin. "This is you're only chance to change it," I said warningly and the two girls stood.

I popped my knuckles and the girls looked at me amusedly. I may not have looked like a threat, but I was the biggest monster they had coming for them any time soon. They stood, the least bit intimidated and I cracked my neck.

Two girls against me; I had about a sixty percent chance of getting out of this with limited bruises. I thought as I stood in front of them and finally I crossed my arms over my chest. I hadn't fought since I was in grade school, and even then it was against a guy and he threw the first punch; but I wasn't a sissy and I wasn't going to shove my chest against theirs until they threw the first punch. Besides, the person who hit first always won.