Chapter Seven: One More Kiss

The papers where sitting on the kitchen counter; two sheet for my mother and step dad to sign. One of which suggest I have a meeting with the schools guidance counselor due to my 'anger management disabilities.' I'm quoting it.

I was sitting in my room with a phone next to me, a paint brush in one hand, a mixer in the other and one black canvas on my easel. I was painting and to say the least, I was getting nowhere. I had painted half of a galaxy and I was waiting for Jaxon to text me back. I felt completely blocked and I didn't want to continue waiting for my mom.

The anticipation of our argument to come was killing me and I didn't really feel like waiting two years for it. I had two different plans running through my head; I could one, continue to wait the century out for the argument or two, go over to Sarah's house and skip the argument.

My phone buzzed next to me and I sighed heavily before placing my things down and wiping my paint coated hands on my pant legs. I picked up my phone and answered it without looking at the caller ID tag.

"Hello?" I asked as I walked to my bathroom and stared down at the sink, waiting for a reply. "Hello?" I sang as I turned on the water in the sink and began to wash my hands with strawberry soap.

"Avalon," Someone said and I nodded even though they couldn't see me. Colors swirled in the water as I washed my hands and stared at the different colors of paint that forever stained the white counter top. "It's Jaxon,"

"Oh hey Jaxon," I said as I made a face and turned the water off with my elbow. "What can I help you with?" Since you didn't text me back.

"I was actually calling about maybe setting up another date," Jaxon's voice was hesitant and it made me smile.

"Oh," I drew out as I dried my hands and held back a laugh. No way was Emily going to be anything compared to me right now. I already had his attention, what was I so worried about? "I'd have to think about that," I said as I held my phone to my ear again and walked down the hallway to the kitchen.

"You'd have to think about it," Jaxon repeated and I heard him cough.

"Yeah, you know that thing where normal people use their brain?" 

He scuffed. "You have a brain?"

My mouth fell with a smile as I opened the pantry door and laughed. "Well it's bigger than yours,"

"Sweetheart, that's the only thing you'll ever find that's bigger than mine," I choked on air at his statement and my face burned. Sexual innuendoes; I was a pro that.

"I hate to tell you, hot shot, but I think there's a lot of thing's bigger than anything, you have." I hesitated as Jaxon laughed. "Like a pencil, for instance," I said. "Now I bet that's bigger than one thing for certain."

"Well you wouldn't know until you saw, now would you?" Jaxon said quickly and I laughed.

No. I thought to myself. You are not allowed to flirt with him unless you have to. Pull every trick he's pulled Avalon. How many girls have you heard from that said he called for a late afternoon chat? In fact I think he hung up a few times.

"Whatever," I said quickly before pulling my phone from my ear and clicking the off button.

Me: Sarah we have an issue!

I grabbed a bag of already popped popcorn, the kind with cheddar cheese covering it and a soda pop before walking to the couch. My phone rang and I quickly answered.

"Sarah," I breathed. My heart was racing and I felt nervous. I needed to keep Jaxon interested but no way was I going to do it and fall for any piece of him like the other girls had. I could be professional about this. I knew I could.