Helping hand

~

(dinner time)

"Father, ..." Rosé explained everything again to Namjoon.

"Hmm... How do I defend myself then?" he asks.

"you could say, they're forcing them instead of asking. Or! Or... the salary is low, some also already had work too and didn't need it. Or! Hmm... They have strict rules. Do they?" Jennie asks the question back.

"Jen Mi, I didn't know you knew this much. Since when did you become so mature and understanding" Namjoon patted Jennie head feeling like a proud father.

"Alright, I'll try." Namjoon got motivated by Jennie and smiled showing his dimples.

"your dimples didn't change," Jennie whispered to herself.

"Yes?" Namjoon heard something.

"Am I always that childish?" Jennie changed the subject.

"..."

~

(At court)

"so we'll confirm this rule and start tomorrow morning." King Just started speaking.

"I would like to disagree with your opinion." Namjoon step up.

The rest of the people was shocked at Namjoon action, he usually wouldn't speak up at court.

"Why so?" Jee state councillor asked him in a stern manner.

"Well, I believe that those kids might be too young and their results don't define who they are. Some had jobs to do and the salary for their own jobs is much better too." Namjoon started to explain all his reasons.

Slowly, other councillors started to agree his idea, "imagine if the kids were dragged to the palace, not being able to see their parents will make them feel emotionally upset and may say bad things about the palace. Worse is, they didn't signed up for it. By then, we will be lacking of more servants due to the possibility of bad rumours."

Jee state councillor didn't look good, he was frowning, he was trying to fight against them but he doesn't have anything much to say.

"Alright, " King Just started to calm them down.

"I'll have to go with the majority. Maybe it isn't a good idea." the King said.

Everyone kept quiet agreeing with the King while the Jee state councillor was grabbing his fist in anger. It was the first time the King rejected his wish. Never once did the councillors disagrees to his ideas and suggestions until now. He felt like he's losing power.

When all the chaos is over, many councillors went toward Namjoon. They started to know him and got closer to him. Namjoon is usually one of the quiet councillor, he is always alone and didn't want to build any relationships with anyone. He didn't know with just one disagreement with the King, the rest of the councillors started to become curious and wanted to know him better too.

[I wanted my chapter to encourage and remind people in whatever their doing. Your weaknesses don't define who you are, it's the effort that matters! ;) Thank you for all the support! ]