The man on TV

It's Strange Life
_____________________
A D D I S O N
December 25th
_____________________

I looked down at Elijah with a shocked expression.

"What?" I ask him. I knew what he said but I was hoping he was just confused.

"That's Spider-man." Elijah nods.

"Oh my-" I cover my mouth as Ashton quickly sweeps in picking up Elijah.

"Bens gonna lay him down for a nap." Ashton tells me. I nod as he hands off our baby to Ben who rubs my shoulder.

"Just call me if you need me or the little man." He smiles sympathetically. Once Elijahs out of sight I start feeling my heart race.

"He was in my house! He touched my baby?!" I ask as the tears stream down my face.

"Hey, breathe!" Ashton slips next to me pulling me into his arms.

"He was right there! In our room what if- what if he to-"

"Hey, it's okay, Elijah is okay." Ashton makes me face him and nods.

"Ma'am is Ryder the father of your son?" The officer asks.

"No, I'm his father." Ashtons head snaps to the officer.

"Well was there any contact between you and Ryder about the baby?" The officers ask me.

"What no?" Luke and Ashton reply synced.

I swallow.

"She has a restraining order on the crazy fuck." Luke scoffs.

"Boys, it would be helpful if you let Addison answer the questions aimed at her." The one female officer nods.

"I went a visited him. Once." I swallow.

"What?" Ashton asks raising his brows.

"When I came here for the week. I came to talk to two people." I tell Ashton.

"Why didn't you tell me you saw him?" Ashton glares.

"I only went to figure out his family's health records. Before I knew for sure who Elijahs dad was." I bite my lip anxiously.

"Ma'am we have reason to believe Ryder thought your son was his." The officer tells me. "Did you talk to him at all about Elijah?" They ask.

"I didn't tell him exactly. But he figured out I had a child. I tried to act like a didn't but he knew from the question." I swallow. "Could this be my fault? Is he gonna hurt my baby?" I ask.

"This isn't your fault. It's the fault of failed security systems. He will not hurt your baby if we can help it." The lady officer tells me.

Ashton rubs my arm soothingly. He's upset. I don't think at me though. His rage towards Ryder was above all.

"So what are you doing to catch the motherfucker?" Ashton asks.

"As I said we have a manhunt out for him at the moment. We suspect he'll return here." The officer nods.

"You don't know Ryder. He'd hide 1000 years only to sneak up on someone unexpectedly." I tel them.