Soulmate?

Yachi's pov

"Have you met your soulmate yet?"

Oh god... WHAT DO I SAY?! AHH! Do I tell her that shes my soulmate?! NO! No no no. What if she doesn't like girls? What if she likes one of the guys on the team? What if she has a boyfriend?What if- my thoughts get cut off by Kiyoko.

"Are you okay? Is the soulmate thing too personal?" I look up at kiyoko and the sun is hitting her face, making her look even more like a goddess than normal.

"Oh um... I'm fine it's just that my mom doesn't like the whole soulmate thing so she doesn't want me to talk about it, " I say shyly. I don't like talking about my mom much because she doesn't approve of most of the things I do. If I told her my soulmate was a girl, she would freak out.

"I'm so sorry" Kiyoko says while turning her head to look at the scenery. The sunset is beautiful and the trees look so pretty, but I can't help but think she's even more gorgeous.

"I-it's fine..," I stuttered again...

We continue to walk in silence again. It's kinda awkward because of what I said. I could've told her! I mean, can't she also see the string? Maybe she doesn't like me like that. We did just meet after all. Maybe I'll tell her next week, or I can tug on the string, like Morse code and stuff.

While I was thinking I didn't notice that Kiyoko was playing with her pinkie. When she saw me she stopped and put her hands behind her back. I look away and notice that we're near my house.

"My house is down the road, so I'll get going. Thank you for walking with me!"

"It was my pleasure, make sure to think about joining the club!" Kiyoko says while I start walking away.

"Okay! See you tomorrow!!" I walk to my house while waving goodbye to Kiyoko.

I get my keys out of my bag and walk up to my door. The lights are on so that means my mom is home. She's barely home so I'm surprised. As i open the door I see my mom sitting on the couch waiting for me.

"Hitoka why are you home late?" My mom says still looking down. i didn't even realize that it was already 8 pm.

"Um- I decided to walk home. My friend walked me home. Sorry about being late."

"And why did you walk home? You could've taken the bus home, and who is this 'friend'?"

"I- I didn't want to t-take the b-bus mo-mother" I stuttered, pretty badly too. If I'm going to be honest my mom scares me. When she gets mad she'll either lock me in my room or hit me.

"Why? What's so bad about the bus? Riding the bus safer than walking home. You do know that you can get kidnapped while walking home, right?" She says in a scary tone

"W-well I was w-with a friend."

"Who is this friend? Are they a girl or boy?" she looked at me when she said boy.

"I-it's a g-girl.." I feel nervous. I want to run out of the house but I feel like I can't move my legs.

"Ah okay. Well, next time text me when you walk home. Now go make dinner."

"Yes m-ma'am," I take off my shoes and run towards the kitchen. I start to make rice and fish. It's pretty simple but it's hard to make right now since my hands are shaking so badly.

Once I finish I set the table and tell my mom I'm finished making dinner. After telling her, I run to my room to cry. I hate it when my mom gets mad at me. It's so scary, i hate it.

||| uh oh... poor yachi :( i'm too lazy to proof read this sooooo.... sorry :/ anywaysssss i have a crap ton of school work this week, buttttt i might be able to update this weekend or next week ;) |||

Edited by PrettySettersSquad