Music

As a christian I only listen to christian Music. And I know that might come as a shock to some, but here is the story behind it.

There was a time in my life where I was not a christian. I was runing from God and I did everything I could to avoid him. And I hated to hear christian music.
I never understood why until I got saved.

You first have to understand everything is either from God and not of this world, or it is worldly/of the earth and from the devil.
That includes books, movies, and music.

"We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one." -1 John 5:19.
&
"Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world."-John 18:36.

And if you are a christian and for God, you should be listening to christian music.
And at first for me, it sucked and I hated it. But I know that was the desire of my flesh.
To seek after non godly unchristian things, and in that case it being non christian music.

"For all that is in the world-the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions-is not from the Father but is from the world." -1 John 2:6.

And then there's the argument:
Well its not that bad. There is no swearing, it doesnt allude to anything sexual and is talking about morally good things.

Even though it may not have any of that it still is bad.
If its not christian music, it will lead you to focusing on things other then God. And in the end he's the only thing that matters.

"For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God." -Romans 8:6-8
&
"Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth." -Colossians 3:2
&
"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." -Matthew 6:33

Try it out, only listen to christian music for a couple of months and see what you think.
You might just change your mind about going back to secular music like I did.

That being said, here are several different genres of christian music. These are some artists that I've listened to and grown up with over the years. And I added next to the names where to find the music at because not all of it is well known.

Popular:
Tobymac, on Youtube & Spotify.
Newsboys, Youtube & Spotify.
Capital Kings, Youtube & Spotify.
King and Country, Youtube & Spotify.
Kutless, Youtube & Spotify.

Worship:
Hillsong, Youtube & Spotify.
Jesus Culture, Youtube & Spotify.
Elevation Worship, Youtube & Spotify.
Verticle Worship, Youtube & Spotify.

Not very popular:
Acappella, on Spotify and you have to look up Avb Acappella or just Acappella on Spotify with two p's to find them.
Nitro Praise, on Youtube.
Jon Gibson, Youtube or Spotify.
World Wide Message Tribe, Youtube & Spotify.
The Katinas, Youtube & Spotify.

Other:
Casting Crowns,
Code of Ethics,
Rich Mullens,
Nicole C. Mullen,
Big Daddy weave,
Chris Tomlin,
David Crowder,
Brandon Heath,
Unspoken,
Crystal Lewis,
Matthew West,
Dc Talk,
Mary Mary,
Francesca Battistelli,
Jeremy Camp,
Cari Jobe,
Leeland,
Dany Gokey,
Mandisa,
Sidewalk Prophets,
Natalie Grant,
Rend Collective,
All on YouTube and Spotify.