Good works wont work

Its plain and simple. Good works wont get you into heaven. You could be Mother Teresa and it still wont be enough.
So many people are lost and believe that all you need to do is be a "good enough" person to get to heaven. And it just simply wont work.

You'll never be able to do it. It wont ever be enough.
There are so many false religions out there that use some of the same terms "salvation, baptism, faith." And even "Jesus Christ."
But they teach things like "yes Jesus died on the cross, but you still need to work your way to heaven."
Don't believe me?
Look at the Mormons, Jahova's Witnesses, Catholics ect.

They are all false. Jesus taught that there is none good but God.

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good-except God alone." -Mark 10:18.

God doesn't let people into heaven based on thier goodness or thier deeds. Only those who repent and believe will make it to heaven.

God doesn't grade by the curve, and if he does Jesus set the standerd he got 100% without sining once, ever.
Can you say the same?

Have you ever lied?

Stolen? (even if you were a child, or it was something small?)

Used Gods name in vain?

Have you ever looked with lust (ex: looked at porn), or had sex before marriage?

Have you ever hated someone?

If you said yes to any of those 5 things you've broken the commandments.

"Nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." -1 Corinthians 6:10
&
"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men." -1 Corinthians 6:9
&
"Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him." -1 John 3:15

In other words ever single one of us has fallen short. We've all vroken the ten commandments. And you will not go to heaven unless your fling yourself on the mersey of Jesus Christ.

This is what Jesus said about good deeds:
"All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away." -Isaiah 64:6
&
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" -Romans 3:23
&
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God." -Ephesans 2:8

Any religion or teaches that depart from the Bible and say you can get to heaven through this way __ and its something other than Jesus Christ is false. He died for us meaning we don't need to do anything, but believe repent, be baptized and turn from sin.

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14:6
&
"I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive." -Romans 16:17-18

God came down from heaven and  became a man (Jesus Christ). He gave his life for you and suffered a horrible death so that if you repent be baptized and turn from your wicked ways you can become a child of God.

Do you have any idea what that means?
It means you wont ever have to worry again where you are going once you die.
You'll have peace through hard times. You'll have a protecter and problem solver who is grater than any other foe on this planet, so you never have to be afraid again.
You'll have joy for no reason.
And you'll have never ending love from a father who created you and wants to know you. (Not that he doesn't already know you because he is omniscient.)
But wants to know you as in he wants to have a relationship with you. He wants to be the one you turn to when you have hard times. He wants to give you gifts. And he wants your love.

By saying all of that, I in no way am saying things will be easy from then on.
Im saying that you will have him by your side when things get rough.
Im saying if you go broke he will feed you, if you loose everything he will be there for you.

Being a follower of Jesus is not easy. Look at all of the apostles. Most of them died horrible deaths like crucifixion, stoned to death, stabbed with a sword ect.
But it is so worth it. To know God has a plan for you.
That your life means something.
To know who you are and where you will end up when you die.
To have a friend who will stay by your side and watch over you.

There is nothing more rewarding and satisfying than to do what God calls you to do.

If you want any of that all you need to do is believe, repent to the God of the Bible and be baptized.

Its so worth it.

But you can't have that relationship by your own accord. You can't do it by your own goodness. And you can't do it by following false teachings. There is only one way to God. Through Jesus Christ. Not by works. Not by giving to the poor. But through him alone.

If you have the time you should watch the video above. He explains things better than I do.
Whats ten minutes in light of eternity? And at most saving your life, and at least learning something new.