Lukewarm

Have you ever heard the phrase a lukewarm christian? Have you ever stopped to think about what that means?
Lets take a look at hot and cold (christian vs. non christian) first.

Being a christian means you are a person who gave there life to Christ. They have been born again and do nothing by there own accord. They only do things Jesus would want them to be doing. And doing things for his kingdom.
Being a non christian, is just a person of the world. They dont believe in God, and they haven't surrended there life to him. They live how they want doing what is pleasing to them, and makes them happy.

Being lukewarm is simply where someone says they are a christian, or says they believe in God, but they dont live for him. But they act like a person who doesn't believe in Christ. They do what they want when they want. Or they might do what the Bible says sometimes, but they still continue to lie, swear look at porn ect.

The real question is what does the Bible say about lukewarm people or lukewarm "christians"? This is the most common one:

"I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth." -Revelation 3:15-16.

That means in short people who are lukewarm aren't really christians. And if you're not really born again  (not really a christian), then your heading straight for hell.

"Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."-John 3:3

We talked about what being lukewarm is, but this is how you tell what a lukewarm person looks like. Lets start with some Bible verses.

"By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother." -John 3:10
&
“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet." -Matthew 5:13
&
"From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so. Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water? Can a fig tree, my brothers, bear olives, or a grapevine produce figs? Neither can a salt pond yield fresh water."-James 3:10-12

What they practice.
With the first verse it is talking about how lukewarm "christians" act. Or in other words, what they practice. Not practicing righteousness would be doing things like having sex outside of marriage, or breaking any of the 10 comandments. They act ungodly and like anyone who isn't a christian.
That could look like drinking, swearing, going out and partying all the time ect.
Basicly, you'll know them by how they act. They might even show up to church every sunday. They could be someone who doesn't swear, and maybe they are super kind and helpful.
But that doesnt mean they are saved. And going to church every Sunday doesnt necessarily mean they are a christian either.
Even being kind and helpfull doesnt mean they are a true believer. 
The only way to becoming born again is repenting and asking God to be your Lord and savior, and turning from your sins. You then have got to start living a new life, putting God first and stop living how you did before you were saved.

False Conversion.
The second verse is referring to "christian's" who have had a false conversion. Thats where people think that they are a christian but haven't really been saved, and haven't repented.

What false conversion is, is where a person believes they have been saved because they believe in God and that he forgives everything they do because they believe in him and that he is all loving.
That is simply not true. God is all loving but he is also all wrathful and all just and all holy.
God will not forgive you if you only just believe.