The Trail of Vengeance

"Just like that and she's out of punishment?" Selina folded her arms. She was annoyed by her husband's decision to let their daughter off so easily. She sat next to him on their King-sized Bed. "We're going to ignore her yelling at me and being disrespectful, that I can handle. What we can't allow is a quest for vengeance!"

"Honey," Bruce smiled. "Trying to block her path is what will make her follow-through. When I started my quest for justice, I still wanted vengeance. Dick also wanted vengeance. He nearly killed Tony Zucco too. At some point, we have all been on a vengeful path."

"I guess you're right but when it comes to her I get scared, Bruce."

"Helena is probably afraid of that side of her." He reasoned. "To see herself blinded by anger must have been traumatizing." Bruce knew just how dark this could get. He could see himself facing the man responsible for his parents' death; Joe Chill. The memory of nearly killing him played in his head. "In the end, she will do the right thing and make us proud."

"I just hope you're right." Selina took off her dress. "On another note, I'm going in the shower. Care to join me?"

"Now that's an offer I won't pass up." He smiled as he started to disrobe.

Meanwhile, Damian sat down with Helena in front of the tv. He had heard of the events of the fight from his mother. A part of him was proud that she stood up to her bully but the other side was terrified; not that he'd ever admit that. "I heard Dad is letting you off easy this time."

"Yeah." She sighed. "I guess he felt pity for me because he knows how I struggle."

"Next time, don't let Jason get under your skin like that." He frowned. "He's not a good role model or a good brother for that matter."

"You're right."

"I know you think revenge is a good path but it isn't." Damian smiled at her. "Dad told me a story about wanting revenge and letting the person walk because justice needed to be served."

"What story is that?"

"The story of Joe Chill. The man who was responsible for the death of our grandparents. Dad said he had the opportunity but he didn't cross that line; killing was not the option."

"Otherwise, Batman would be just like all the criminals he put away," Helena mumbled.

"Exactly."

Alfred entered the room and smiled. "Dinner will be ready in about a half-hour." He knew everything that happened yet he didn't know how to feel. He wanted to say that she went overboard but at the same time, he understood. It made him think of her father many years prior. "Make sure to relay that message to your parents for me." He gave them one more smile before leaving.

ThornWood Inc.
Red Hood snuck through the ventilation shaft looking for the operations room. He had planned his attack and was ready to stop everything in their tracks. He did not see himself as the hero but more of the background savior Gotham needed.

"The device will be done shortly! I need more time."

"We don't have more time! It's hard enough to develop such weapons without Batman noticing but our Black Market clients want their promised weapons."

Red Hood dropped from the vent opening above the men. "You can tell your Black Market client that his delivery is canceled." He drew his guns and shot both men. "Don't worry, you'll live."

The alarm went off as armed security entered the operations room. They had their guns trained on him.

"I'm only going to say this once," he smiled behind his mask. "Stand down."