Chapter 3

Chapter 3: A King and a Storm Cloud

It was the end of the show and as King Romulus took a bow, when the final curtain called and the figment actors and actresses that he had created vanished, the Other Sides cheered and ran up to him. It had been a marvelous performance if he did say so himself. The best he had ever put on now that he was whole. As soon as it was time for Thomas to set foot on stage, King Romulus found himself transported into the world of Hamilton. It was truly a rush to be doing something he loved with a passion. However, it didn't escape his notice that Janus was the only Side that didn't show up, even after all the trouble to set the stage so near the Dark forest of the imagination to make the trip easier for the Snake side. It hurt a little, but Romulus couldn't let that one let down hurt Thomas's performance, he had a job to honor as a Side.

"King! That was amazing, kiddo!" Patton cheered, running up to the creative Side as the stage disappeared.

"Truly, outstanding." Logan critiqued. "I don't think I ever seen anything so flawless from Roman or Remus."

Virgil was walking slower than the other two, so Romulus went to meet him, wrapping his arm around his shoulders fondly as he pecked the Anxious Side on the cheek. "And what did you think my Storm Cloud?" He asked, conjuring a bright red rose to hand to Virgil, who looked uncomfortable; probably because of the attention that was suddenly on him.

"Um..." Virgil looked any where but at the Kings mismatched eyes.

"Come now, don't be shy. I can take whatever critique you give from that sharp tongue of yours." Romulus encouraged, wanting at to hear the Anxious Side's opinion.

"I-It was perfect Roma-Romulus." Virgil murmured. Taking a quick glance at the King, who smiled even bigger as he pick him up and spun him around, getting a surprised squeak from Virgil.

"I'm so happy you loved it!" Romulus gushed setting the startled Side down and grabbing his face to pull him in for a kiss.

Romulus pulled back however when he felt Virgil not reciprocate and instead tensed. "Oh, sorry. Too soon?" He asked. Not wanting to overstep with Virgil. He constantly needed to remind himself that Virgil would need time to accept him in place of Roman.

Virgil's eye-shadow had seemed to darken within the span of a few minute in King's presence. "N-no. Yes. Its just....This is all so....Its not that..." His breathing was picking up as he tried to find the right words to say. Not wanting to upset Romulus, and make him feel unwanted.

Romulus could see the beginning of a panic, but with missing memories and not use to dealing with them as Roman had, he didn't know how to correctly help Virgil. After all Virgil was still a new side when King had decided to split. So he wasn't as familiar with him as he had been with the others. He only knew Virgil didn't like being around others much. "Logan? Patton?" He called, for help.

"Virgil. In for four." Logan instructed. He and Patton coming over as they had wanted to give Virgil and Romulus some space to talk.

"Hold for seven." Patton jumped in. "Your doing great, kiddo."

"And out for eight." Logan finished, and the Anxious side calmed down.

"My poor little anxious baby! What happened?" Patton asked wrapping Virgil in a hug.

"Yes, you seemed fine a few minutes ago. I too would like to know what set you in a panic." Logan inquired, straightening his glasses and looking between an oddly silent Romulus and an uncomfortable looking Virgil.

"I couldn't....I don't want to talk about it." Virgil sighed, giving Romulus an apologetic look. "Sorry Romulus, I'm just not good with changes." He said, trying to offer a small reassuring smile.