Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Remus's Castle

Romulus didn't know how things went so wrong. He thought Janus had changed, would love the idea that he wouldn't have to be alone anymore. Not kidnap Virgil out of shear jealousy. At least, the Snake Side had told him how to stop the venom from spreading. He just had to not lie until it was all gone. The King of Creativity stopped momentarily in his track, taking a calming breath, already starting to feel better, now that he wasn't battling the venom as well as the twins. He let his eyes roam over the dead trees of the Dark Forest. It was so ugly to look at, no life in the plant life, and the fog that hung on the ground looked like it would reach up and swallow you, as soon as it touched you.

"Romulus!" The sound of Patton's voice had the King turning around to see the Moral and Logical Side running toward him, through the path that the giant snake had left.

"What are you two doing here?" He asked, although he could probably take a good guess.

"A giant Snake took Virgil from the Common Area!" Patton said, urgently, looking close to tears.

"That would be accurate." Logan confirmed. "It escaped into the imagination. Have you seen it?"

Romulus gritted his teeth. "That creature belong to Deceit. He took Virgil with him, when I told him they would have to share me.

"What?!" Patton gasped.

Logan didn't say anything, just quirking an eyebrow as he looked where the tracks were leading.

"You don't think he'll hurt Virgil do you?" Patton asked, gripping onto Logan's arm.

"Not likely, Deceit knows how important Virgil is to Thomas and the rest of us." Logan answered.

"You weren't there Logan." Romulus growled out, pushing his way through some branches in the Dark Forest starting his journey to go and get the Virgil away from Janus. "He said, he didn't want to share me. That he was going to take what was his."

"And you believe he meant you?" Logan asked, not really fazed by the situation anymore.

"Obviously he meant me!" Romulus snorted, offended, picking up his pace. "Now quit analyzing every little thing and start moving. Or go back home. Your choice."

"Virgil's going to be okay, right Lo?" Patton asked, still holding onto the Logical side, not wanting to get lost in the Dark Forest by himself, since it seemed King Romulus was charging way ahead of them.

"I believe I can safely say that Virgil will have nothing to fear from Deceit." Logan reassured, with a sigh.

(Deceit)

Deceit watched from on top of the tallest tower of the Dukes castle. Here he was able to see everything in the Dark Imagination, including Prince Roman's castle in the Light side of the imagination. Remus had dubbed this his watch tower, for whenever he wanted to just scan over the area of the Dark imagination through a telescope that could swivel three sixty degrees around. Deceit found himself using said telescope, his hand hover over a control panel that controlled everything from the castle gates to the interior of the castle; including doors, windows, even letting out the creature made to defend the castle for when Roman and Remus tried to siege each others Kingdoms. The control panel sat on a table that had a bunch of monitor on it that Remus had installed when he had played a haunted Halloween joke on Deceit, during their first few years of living with each other. You were able to see almost every nook and cranny in the castle including the dungeons.

Deceit swiveled the telescope and focused it on the three side the were Romulus, Logan, and Patton. They were nearing the area that he and Remus had had their last picnic. Not that Deceit knew that that was going to be their last out together. "But not for long." He mumbled to himself. Letting out a tired sigh and rubbing at his face to try to keep focus.