1. The Beginning

Red B sits at a small fire she made using leftover papers from the humans who live near. Red looks down at the small kitten that is sitting at the other side of the fire.

"Let me tell you a story..." The kitten, Cactus Green, perked their fluffy head up at Red. "Once Upon an old forest, there were many other B's." Red waves their paws up in different directions as they speak.

"There were many many B's of wonderful and bright colors, and they all lived together on Earth."

"Well wat happened to 'em?" Cactus said, as their wide eyes were focused on Red.

"Humans happened." Red looked at Cactus with sorrowful eyes. "According to what was passed on to us, they hunted us for our fur and for our souls."

"Whatsa soul?" Cactus asked.

"A soul is whats deep inside us. Even deep inside of you." Red said, pointing down at their own belly. "It's what keeps us alive, legend has it that when needed, it can do special things."

"Special tings indeed!" Green walked in, the snakes on the back of his furry black head perking up. "Gave me these babies!"

"Oh shut up you corrupted little-" Red stopped themselves.

Green shook his head. "Baby Blue says its your bed time lil cacti."

"But the story-" Cactus started.

"No buts, we have a big day ahead of ussss." Green walked back into the small abandoned store where they dwell.

Red sat at the fire alone, looking up at the stars. She thought of how nice it must've been to have a society of their species.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Cactus green jumped up on the bed where her parents slept. "WAKE UP! GET UP! ITS DA MORNIN'!"

Yellow groaned and looked up at her child. "I'm up i'm up.."

Baby blue got up as well and fussed Cactus for jumping on their bed. They all began getting ready while waking up the two who were coming.

Red, Yellow, Baby Blue, Cactus Green, and B-lue all began walking out of their home.

"Now, we only do this on the day of the full moon, so you have to understand how special this is.." Yellow told her child, as they carefully walked into the forest.

They reached an old temple. "Now do exactly like I do, and this will go smoothly." Red told everyone, walking into the temple.

The air didn't feel right to cactus. She shivered as they sat at the old stone table. 

Red placed her right paw on the table, the others followed. Slowly they all began to chant in their own language.

In the middle of the table, The colors started swirling as mist rose up. 

Suddenly the mist turned gray as the room became smokey.

They heard a small yelp and suddenly the smoke and mist went away.

Red was no where to be seen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading my first chapter! Please note that I usually do not write stories like this. Any ideas, tips, or critiques are welcome!