8

The countdown for Skyblockle had started. It felt like ages before the timer hit 1, but when it did, you immediately started digging dirt, making yourself useful for the team.

You had decided to take the role of mining the cobble and you soon had a bunch of blocks. You were about to give half of them to Wilbur, who walked towards you over the small bridge.

"NO!" you yelled out, as you saw Wilbur's character fall off the bridge. It was silent as you heard the ding sound through your headphones, meaning you had gained survival points.

"...Wilbur?" Techno almost whispered.
"I don't want to talk about it."

"Wilbur can you see if there is anyone nearing the middle?" you asked him.

"Eh yeah. There is no one close to the middle."

"Should I just go? Get some chests? I have enough blocks, I think." Techno and Phil were busy doing their own thing and didn't reply, so you just decided to go. Halfway through you realised you, in fact, did not have enough blocks, so you made your way back to where Phil was.

"Got any blocks? Were almost at mid."

"Wait already?"
"Yeah. I decided to just go."

"Wait I'm coming with you. Let's get the chests." Phil made his way past you and finished your bridge.

"Wait guys careful. On the opposite of you there is already a team," Wilbur informed you.

"Did they get the chests?"

"No not yet. They only got one. I wouldn't go for the middle one though, stick to the sides and try not to get caught."

"Yessir."

"Wait you're already at mid?"

"Techno I've said this like three times already. Keep up."

"Wha- I was just- Pfft okay then." You looked back and saw Techno's name approaching. You decided to go to one of the chests on the side, not realising someone from the other team was also going for it.

"Wait wha- Oh shit oh no oh no- Noooooooo they got me. Guys, guys, careful, there is a pretty stacked team to your left," you immediately warned your teammates after you got killed.

Phil and Techno decided to mostly just camp and knock people off their bridges on their way to middle. They got about 7 kills together, which was a lot, before they got eliminated by no other than Tommy's team.
"He's really eager to keep getting blocked, isn't he?"

In the end, Tommy's team had won the game, giving them a temporary first place. Because you and Wilbur died early on, neither of you got many survival points, which got your team to 4th place.

The next game chosen was Buildmart. To put it shortly, your team didn't do too well. 7th place. However, you did return with the blocks your team asked you to bring, which made them decide you were already a better teammate than Tommy. And that's all that matters, really.

The third game was Bingo, much to everyone's dislikes. Well, mostly Techno. There was no pvp, and keep inventory was a thing now, so he was very upset. Phil and Wilbur would mostly do all the underground items, while you and Techno would try and get all the other items.

"Wait, we need red flowers, right?" you asked no one in particular, as a bunch of them appeared in the field you were walking through.

"Eh yeah, for the stained glass."
You looked around and noticed only one player behind you. Tommy. You quickly took all the red flowers before Tommy caught up to you. As you took the last flower, Tommy stopped in his tracks a few blocks in front of you. He just stared. You stared back. After a few seconds you noticed a message in the chat.

'can I have one pls'

You decided to reply.

'hang on let me ask my mom'

You saw a quick 'wait what?' appearing in chat after that but turned to your teammate.

"Hey, Technoblade? Should I give Tommy a flower he needs?"

"Eh, no? Why kinda question? -"

You quickly typed in chat.

'she said no sorry'

After you said it, you softly giggled and ran away. You also heard Wilbur and Phil chuckle, but Techno was still confused.

The rest of bingo went alright. You, Phil and Wilbur were actually doing pretty well. Techno was just complaining the whole time. Your team ended in 5th place.

"We actually did really good in that one!"

"Speak for yourself. I definitely lost first place on the individual board."

"You lost it as soon as Buildmart got chosen, mate."

Next up was Rocket Spleef.

"Oh no, I am so bad at this." You buried your face in your hands, while Wilbur cheered.

"We got this, boys! Time to turn on the hacks," he yelled.

"I'm just going to apologize in advance." Rocket spleef wasn't your game. You had seen it been played, yet you had never played it yourself. You practised it a bit on the MCC server right before the tournament and you realised it was not gonna be your thing.

The first round went terribly for you. Not because you were doing bad. You had the unfortunate luck of being friends with Tommy. He targeted you immediately and it didn't take long for him to get you out of the game. The worst part, you could hear him scream his famous phrase through the walls.

"OOOOH! I KILLED A WOMAN! FEELING GOOD!"

You decided not to yell back at him through the wall, instead you opened your window to yell at him. Luckily, you noticed that his window was open as well. Perfect.

"TOMMY. YOU DICKHEAD."

"SHUT UP, I'M PLAYING MINECRAFT!"

You quickly went back to your computer and asked your teammates to target Tommy.

"On it," you heard the guys say in reply. And surprisingly enough, a few seconds later, Tommy got knocked off by Phil. A loud yell was heard again from your next-door neighbour.

"HA! SUCK IT, BITCH BOY!" you yelled through your window again. This time, Tommy also walked to his window.

"I got targeted by 3 people. 3! At once!" he said angrily.

"That's what you get for targeting me."

"But it was worth it. This is gonna be a 1 million likes clip on twitter, you know it."

"And the neighbourhood is gonna come with a nuisance complaint," you laughed. Before Tommy could reply, both of you heard your teammates calling you back for the next round, which was about to start.

"This isn't over, Innit."

"We'll see, we'll see."

The other two rounds, you went out of your way to avoid Tommy. It went pretty okay if you said so yourself. At least you managed to get top 20 both times. Phil, Wilbur and Techno were doing really good, so in the end your team got 3rd place, getting you to 4th place overall.

-----

And that's it for the first half of the tournament!

Thank you guys so much for reading, I really appreciate it and I love you all <3

Hope you enjoyed, and see you next chapter!!