Prologue

"Chief, we couldn't find Mishka. He went into the woods to find food but he never came back," a man in thick Icelandic accent reported. "Aye, the skraeling must have taken him," Thorfinn gritted his teeth just mentioning about the natives. The Vikings called them skraeling, meaning the wretched people.

The Vikings kill as they please but the natives have their beliefs. To them, some animals are the spirits they worship and never to kill. And when they kill an animal, everything must be used.

"I do not want to waste my men's energy just to find one Viking. We need to pack. This, is not the place for us. Is everything ready?" Thorfinn asked. "Yes," his man nodded. "We'll travel at dawn. Sleep now, my men, as we are to travel far. You need all the energy," the chief patted his man's shoulder.
--------------------------

Mishka can feel the throbbing of his head. He can now feel his whole body was aching. Did he fell off the cliff? He tried to sit up. He looked up and realized that he was not alone. There were a group of natives surrounding him. He could not make out of their expression. They look vicious, but they stood guard calmly.

"Where do you come from?" A wise looking older man asked him. He knew that they spoke their language but he never heard them. "I... Uh.. I.. I don't know.." He just realized that he did not know his name. He did not even remember how he got here. His face of confusion must have been seen by the natives as they lowered their guard but spears still held tightly in their grasps.

"Come, child. We will treat you," the man said as he helped him up. Then another two replace the older man in helping him. They brought him to their campsite. There were bear claw marks design all over the tents and practically everywhere. They must be the bear clan. The bear clans are known for being a healer and warrior. Mishka wondered as to how he knew all this.

The natives were being civil towards him. He sense no ill-feelings towards him. the apothecary treated him as she muttered something, probably healing chants, a guy came in and said something to the older guy. He looked like a chief. The older man looked relived and when he looked Mishka, he looked sympathized. "I have bad news for you," the man began talking. "Your people had left. I assume it was at dawn that they sailed away," he said and patted mishka's shoulders.

I did not know how to feel. I forgotten everything of my past. But they were my people. "What am I suppose to do now? I... I don't even know my name," he started to stuttered. He was legit scared. "Do not worry child. We, will be your family now," the man said. "Chief!" I heard a man with a strong build and looked like a warrior protested. "He is and outsider. We do not trust the likes of him. Do not make rash decision, chief," the man said in strong native accent.

"I am a man of my words. I had said it. And I do intent to keep it," the chief said firmly. "B-but.. Chief!" The man tried but the older man held up his hand, making the other young man quiet. "Do you dare to question my decision, Kralik?" The chief dared. Kralik bowed. "No, chief," he said defeatedly.
--------------

"Reilic! Don't!" Mishka chased after the 5 years old child. He caught his child and warned him," Reilic! Do not shift outside the house! Please, I beg of you," Mishka begged. He remembered everything after 6 months he was adopted into the tribe. He married a woman named Sa'ala, the chief's daughter, and kralik's sister. He became the trusted member of the clan. They were the Nooke clan of the Anishinaabe clan.

They were responsible for defense and healing. They are also the biggest clan among the other clans in the Anishinaabe clan. They had to subdivided into body parts such as the head; makoshtigwaan or bear skull, the ribs, blood; miskwaa'aa, and the feet; nookezid or tender foot as well as different types of bear: waabishki-makwa or known as white black bear and the grizzly bear; mishimakwa.

Mishka was placed under mishimakwa as he is a warrior. He had a normal happy life, until one day, his one and only child, turned out to be a shifter. In some clans, they are feared, while some are treated equally or more.

But in this case, Reilic turned out to be a grizzly bear, known as the most aggressive bear among others. Mishka fear that the clan will fear his son if they were to know.
-------
Hey guyssss! So this I the 3rd book of the alpha series but it can stand alone. This book will become the history of Raizel and also our favourite vampire Vladimir Alexis! Haha. It does contain some man x man but it mostly focuses on the plot and progress and as to whole everything happened. Even why the Mohinas started attacking Vlad. I hope you guys like the prologue! Please, do comment! I beg I u :D make my day happy. I hate a shitty day, but I did wrote it :)