Chapter Four: The Talk

"Oh uh, sure." Zak responds. Darryl grabs Zak's hand and they walk to Darryl's room. They sit on his bed. Darryl is looking down, trying to avoid eye contact. Zak is just sitting there with a look of complete confusion and nervousness on his face.
"So Zak, uh, there's been a lot going on lately that I feel like we need to talk about." Darryl says, still avoiding eye contact. Zak looks somewhat surprised. He didn't expect something like this and he wasn't exactly prepared for something like this.
"Um, o-okay." Zak stutters out with some sweat dripping down his forehead. They were both, clearly, extremely uncomfortable.
"So I h-heard the stuff in the bathroom." Darryl says to Zak's horror.
"And I know you know that I saw the dildo in the suitcase." Darryl continues.
"I didn't wanna bring something like this onto you so suddenly but I figured it was the only way."
"I-I know your gay Zak..and I am too." Darryl says. Zak's face was indescribable. It was a look of horror, embarrassment, shock and uncomfortablility all at the same time. Darryl, for the first time since this conversation began, looks up at Zak, who is clearly mortified. A single tear falls from Zak's eye.
"P-please. You know I h-hate seeing you cry." Darryl says. They both start balling and Darryl hugs Zak. They both share a hug for a very long time. Some would think it was at least 20 minutes, but it was only 3 minutes, yet that's still long for a hug.
"I-I love you, Darryl."
"I love you too, Zak." Darryl says.
"What are we gonna do? Are we gonna tell the fans?" Zak asks.
"The fans don't need to know our sexuality for now. We shouldn't even tell our friends until we're comfortable." Darryl says.
"Right now, we have each other to turn to." Darryl continues.
—————
Zak's POV
—————
A part of me like that he found out this way. I didn't have to tell him and that made it easier for me. The fact that he's the same as me makes me feel..normal. It gives me hope that I have someone to fall back on. But what will the fans think. No, I shouldn't worry about that. Darryl doesn't and he seems confident as who he is. We have each other. And that's all I need. At least for now.
—————
Darryl's POV
—————
I wish I could've told him that I love him as more than just a friend but I didn't have it in me. For now, all I can do is let him know that we have each other. And that we don't have to worry about who will think what. All we need to worry about is..actually, we have no worries. At least for now.
—————
The two boys got off the bed and looked at each other with a smile. Darryl gave Zak a loving look. One that, if you saw it, you'd think he wanted to snatch Zak up and keep him forever. They walk out of the room together and go downstairs to the living room, Darryl continuing into the kitchen.
"Let's just watch a movie, to get our mind off things." Zak suggests.
"Sure, not. And while I'm in the kitchen I can make us some popcorn." Darryl says. Zak grabs the remote and clicks onto Netflix.
"What should we watch?" He says.
"Uh..wanna watch a horror movie? I mean it is getting late, that'll make it even scarier." Darryl says with a grin.
"I thought you were scared easily."
"I am but you're here in person so I guess it's not as scary." Darryl replies. The popcorn is finished a few minutes later. Darryl hops on the couch as Zak turns to the horror genre.
"Which movie?" He asks.
"Hmm..I don't know."
"Maybe we can watch Terrifier, I heard it was gory." Zak says with a somewhat excited look on his face. Darryl sees this look and finds it impossible to say no.
"Fine." Darryl finally replies. It's been about 30 minutes into the movie and Darryl is horrified but is trying his best to hide that. Zak is mesmerized by what's happening and can't get his eyes off the screen. Darryl is just happy that Zak is enjoying the movie. He doesn't wanna ruin it for him so he doesn't tell him how scared he is. The movie finally finishes and the two seem satisfied. Zak is just smiling. Darryl is holding back a scream. Zak looks over at Darryl and sees that he is clearly shaken up. He is physically shaking and breathing pretty hard and fast.
"Aww are you scared." Zak says as he begins laughing.
"No I'm not, you muffin." Darryl replies with a sort of pouty look on his face as he's crossing his arms.
"It's okay, I don't blame you, it was pretty scary." Zak says. They sit there for a moment not saying anything. Darryl finally looks up. They stare into each others eyes. Darryl starts to turn red by just looking at Zak.
"Uh, the movie was g-good." Darryl says trying to sound less nervous but fails. Zak quickly grabs the sides of Darryl's face and smacks his lips onto Darryl's. They are just sitting there, kissing. Darryl quickly falls into the kiss, like it was the best one he'd ever had. They finally separate. And they just go back to looking at each other, except they both had shocked looks on their faces.
"I- uh." Zak is barely able to get out any words.
Darryl just says nothing but just stares. They both go back in for a second kiss. They kissed for a minute before it quickly went into making out. They started to use tongue and they both seemed to really be enjoying it. Until Darryl pulls away.
"I-I..what the fuck is going on?!?" Darryl says, to Zak's surprise. He doesn't hear his swear often so he was kinda shocked to hear him say this.
"I-I'm sorry I..." tears start to well up in Darryl's eyes as he's barely able to speak. He seems greatly overwhelmed and runs away, into his room. Zak is just left sitting there on the couch. Not knowing what the hell just happened.