You are not weak

Kongpob opens his eyes and sees to his left where Asnee was sleeping last night, finding it cold and empty. Before his brain could delve into any sort of worrying, his gaze slids to the pink note placed on the bedside addressed to him. Stretching his hands, Kongpob takes the note which states that Arthit is taking Asnee out with him and they would bring the lunch.

Lunch??? What time it is???.. Kongpob searches his cellphone finding it lying in between the pillows. He checks the time and finds it is half past 12.. huh??? I had been sleeping that long???.. But then again, it had been pretty late when he fall asleep. He sighs, mind wandering to all events taken place since he got that drastic call from Atid. He won't lie, he was raging mad at the young dad at first as he had seen how inconsolable his little muchkin was when he had arrived earlier. But after witnessing the reunion between father and son, half of his anger rain down the hill and remaining half flushed in drain later.

He gazes up to the ceiling, a calmness settled in his bones. He feels like it has become more easy to breath, like an invisible weight has lifted off him. He feels light and refresh.

"Kongpob? You awake?"

The student sits up as the door creaks open with Atid stepping inside with a tray containing a glass of juice. The lawyer gives a quick smile to other," look sleeping beauty is finally awake" and ruffles other's hair who pouts at the teasing.

" Phii!!!"

" what phi?? Enough of sleeping. Now get out of bed and freshen up. Arthit and Asnee would be here soon" , Atid informs the other offering the glass of juice to later.

" Okay phi", Kongpob mock salutes the other, getting flicked in the forehead in return.

" owww P' Atid!!!! It hurts!!!", Atid ignores the whining kid and gestures towards the bathroom before getting out of the room.

********

" Phi, Arthit has not arrived yet?", Kongpob makes his way downstairs and finds it empty except Atid who is furiously typing on his laptop, sitting on a chair at dining table.

" No. He is in traffic. Will take atleast 20 minutes or so. Don't worry, both would be here in no time. Come here, I need to talk to you about something important", Atid asks the other, his eyes not leaving the screen of his laptop.

Just hearing the word talk was enough to unsettle Kongpob. He has an idea what important talk the other is referring to. But it doesn't mean he is any less nervous. With hesitant steps, he approaches the elder and sits across him.

Only when the doctor slids on a chair across him, then Atid closes off his laptop and turns to the younger man, an encouraging smile playing on his lips, "I guess nong has the knowledge what I want to talk. Right??"

Kongpob looks up and gives a nod," Yes phi. But I have already told Arthit that I don't want to press any charges or anything else. I just want to get on with my life away from..from him"

Atid takes a deep breath, to gather his thoughts. He has heard about Kongpob's decision already from Arthit and perfectly understands the reluctance of younger one. He knows that forcing the younger to do anything won't do any good to them or case. Kongpob need time but the more delay happens, the more difficult it would be to put Aat behind bars. His parents love his elder brother to the core, they would do everything in their power to save him.

" Kong, I know you are not ready to face him.. atleast not yet. But I also know that there would come a day in future when not only you would be able to stare back in the eyes of that monster but also fight against him and win. Neither I nor Arthit would ever force you to do anything but you have to start from somewhere then why not Now? Don't you want to throw away that demon out of your life for once and all? Please let me help you. Let us help you. Please?"