SIX | Q U E E N S

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ 

𝐬𝐢𝐱 | 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

The queens of the human lands know how to make an entrance. At precisely eleven o'clock five figures appeared, each of them flanked by two guards. A few months ago, I would've found this to be intimidating, but standing next to Cassian, I suddenly didn't find them to be intimidating anymore. 

Azriel, Cassian, Nesta and I had spent weeks mapping out every detail of the house. I understood now, why the queens had asked us to do that. It would seem that the queens had some sort of magic. I allowed myself to study their features for a moment. Each of them looked different from the other, from their age to the way they held themselves. 

"Well met," Rhysand said and he bowed his head ever so slightly. "We are grateful you accepted our invitation. Where is the sixth?"

The eldest of the queen, I was able to tell by her wrinkled face, was the one who answered. "She is unwell, and could not make the journey." She merely said before her eyes fell on Feyre. "You are the emissary." 

I noticed that her back stiffened. "Yes. I am Feyre." Was all that my sister answered. 

"And you are the High Lord who wrote us such an interesting letter after your first few were dispatched." The eldest continued. 

I suppressed the urge to scoff, the only reason why we had sent so many letters was that they hadn't bothered to answer the first one. My hands still stung from the cold as I thought about the many trips I had made to the village during winter. 

"I am," Rhysand said. "And this is my cousin, Morrigan."

Morrigan is Rhysand's third in command, as I was told this morning. Though the arrival of the mortal queens did not give us much time for introductions. And like all the other members of the Night Court, Morrigan was devastatingly beautiful, with long golden-blonde hair and kind brown eyes. 

Morrigan- or Mor as she requested, walked to stand next to Feyre and bowed. "It has been a long time since I met with a mortal queen."

"Morrigan, the Morrigan from the War." One of the queens spoke. 

Mor bowed again. "Please, sit." Almost as one, the queens sat down on the chairs we'd laid out. 

"I assume those are our hosts." The queen with golden hair spoke as she threw a look at my sisters who were stood by the window. I watched as Elain dropped into a curtsy. 

"My sisters." Feyre clarified, gesturing towards them and me. I slightly bowed my head as the queens glanced at me. The only sign of respect I was willing to give them.