11 ✁ [sanegiyuu] unsaid

Prompt 11: "Is that a blood stain?"

Fandom: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Pairing(s): SaneGiyuu (Shinazugawa Sanemi/Giyuu Tomioka)

Tags & warnings: angst to fluff, hurt/comfort, whump, mild injury & blood, language (it's Sanemi what did y'all expect), (implied) anxiety attack

Lawd this took years 💀💀💀 I started it in February and dug it up today cos I was having KNY feelz haha :'D Hope y'all enjoy!!

✁ — — —

"Is that a blood stain?"

Giyuu stopped mid-track, unsure of how to reply. He had hoped to hide it until the meeting was over, until he was gone from Oyakata-sama and the Pillars' sight — the slash wound across his abdomen that he inflicted on himself, really, because he was stupid enough to have hesitated before a demon. But there was a lot of blood, and he couldn't stop all of the bleeding, and, well....

"Answer me, you shithead." Why did Shinazugawa have to be the one who spotted it? Anyone else would have been fine— well, maybe not Obanai, or Shinobu, or... well, actually, it would have been best if Giyuu had managed to leave without being detected at all. But here he was, frozen literally three steps away from the entrance, found out by the one person he knew wouldn't leave him alone until he exposed Giyuu for what he really was: a fake.

Whatever. It was bound to come anyway. He was cold, and tired, and he just wanted this to be over.

"Yes." Giyuu turned back as far as his pounding head would allow, only catching a glimpse of Sanemi out of the corner of his eye. "Good night."

He turned away, but with two strides Sanemi had caught up to him. His grip on Giyuu's shoulder was tighter than it needed to be, probably because he was unaware that it already took everything out of the ravenette to not stagger, much less walk away. "Don't bullshit me. You were bleeding through that entire meeting."

"It's not my blood." Giyuu lied, but his voice must have shaken, because Sanemi only smirked before reaching over, grabbing his other shoulder and spinning him around, again with more force than necessary. A fresh wave of pain made stars appear in Giyuu's vision, and the breath he sucked in was way too sharp to have been surprise. Shit, that hurts.

"Let me see."

"I'm fine." Giyuu growled, but before he could regain his balance, Sanemi abruptly released him. To neither of their surprises, the ravenette immediately collapsed onto his knees, a hand flying to his stomach. Giyuu clenched his jaw half in anger, half in pain when Sanemi crouched down to meet him, smirk still present:

"Right."

"No one asked for your help, Shinazugawa." Giyuu grunted, but Sanemi snuck an arm around his torso and hauled him up anyway:

"No one said you did. I just don't want you weighing on my conscience when they find your rotting corpse outside the entrance tomorrow. Now, I'm sure this mansion has to have at least one guest room."

If he had enough blood, Giyuu would have blanched at the thought. Not here. Not where Oyakata-sama might discover him, one of his supposedly best swordsmen, dying from some stupid mistake no real Pillar would have made. Anything but that. "No."

""No"? You know how fucking terrible you look right now? Goddamnit, Tomioka, it's like you wanna die— urgh! Why're you so heavy all of a sudden? Tomioka. Hey." Sanemi was saying something, but Giyuu couldn't catch it. Everything suddenly tilted sideways, and he thought he was finally passing out, but it was just Sanemi sweeping him off of his now-useless legs. Wait, what? "Hold still, shithead, or I'ma drop you."