CHAPTER 5 - WHEN THE HEART TALKS

WHEN THE HEART TALKS

Naru pulled another tissue paper from her pack. She blew her nose in it. She felt stupid seated in the park while crying her eyes out. It just wasn't her. Her prim and proper self was missing. Curse that guy.  

She never felt humiliated in her life.  

A figure stood before her.  

"Hoy! You are blocking the sunlight!" she complained.  

"You want people to see you like that?" a voice said.  

She looked up through tear-streaked face. Her gloomy state became gloomier when she saw the person who spoke. 

"Why do you care?!" she asked angrily.  

"I don't really but you sure look more stupid than ever and that is really bad."  

"Shut up!" she snapped at him. "I am not in the mood to entertain your gags right now. Just let me be."  

Kota looked at her. "What's with you, really?" he asked without any hint of mockery.  

"What's it with you? And will you move, you are blocking my view. I am already pissed out without your presence in front of my once better view."  

Kota didn't bulge, "and let the people pass this way had a nightmare seeing you? Nah. I don't think so. You see, I am a very humanitarian person. I care for other people."  

Naru let her eyeballs roll from her eyes. "Just shut up, Kota! I already have so much in my shoulder to handle today, I will not be able to bear it if you add up to it," Naru pleaded. She was already frustrated and hurt.  

"Ok fine, I'll be nice to you, today but just today. I will move but first fix yourself."  

Naru heaved a sigh and then wiped the tears in her eyes. She took her face powder to fix herself, but she looked up at him. "Will you at least turn around?" she asked.  

Kota smirked at her, "You don't have to be embarrassed. I've seen worse." 

Naru gave him a glare before proceeding on doing her make-up.  

She was patting her cheek when he squatted in front of her and took the face powder from her hand. Kota took the sponge and wiped a small smudge in her left cheek. He then took the initiative to put a nice amount of powder on her left cheek.  

Naru snatched the compact powder from him. "Don't do that, the people might think you are a gay." She scolded him.  

"Well, we know that I am not, so I don't really care." Kota commented.  

She frowned at him and continued to fix herself.  

Kota sat beside her. "What really happened?" he asked.  

"Why would I tell you?" Naru asked while putting on a small amount of blush on her cheek. "You'll just use the information to torment me."  

"So it was a nice information, then." Kota commented.  

Naru gave him a sullen look. 

"Ok, I'll promise that I'll treat the information with huge respect and I will not use it against you."  

Naru looked at him then on the ground at her feet. "A stupid guy dumped me." She said very straightforward.  

Kota stared at her in awe before laughing out loud.  

Naru stared at him in anger.  

"Sorry." He said trying to stifle his laugh but couldn't. "I told you, no one would want you." He commented.