Chapter 1

Nia's POV

"Alright mama, love you! I'll call you back when I get settled,ok!" I told her saying our goodbyes on the phone. Sighing I take my luggage's and exited through the front doors of JFK airport, immediately getting hit in the face with the cold air. Looking around I automatically spotted uncle Mike by his car waiting. What the hell he got on.

"Hey my beautiful niece! How have you been!" He asked hugging me tight.

"I've been good,how bout yourself? I asked helping him put my stuff in his trunk.

"You know same ole ,same ole can't keep the ladies off me!" He exclaimed popping his collar and got in his car driving off too where I'm assuming is our destination.

"Well by the way you are dressed I can tell that it's not many." I snickered to myself. I mean this man has on a green "Nike" sweater with his name Mike there instead with a shirt underneath. Not to mention some red SHORTS! And you can't forget the famous Timbs for the New Yorkers.

 Not to mention some red SHORTS! And you can't forget the famous Timbs for the New Yorkers

"Girl whatever, the ladies love my swag!" He said checking himself out in the mirror.

"Right." I said sarcastically rolling my eyes. Looking out the window thinking;I can't believing that I am in THE big apple. Closing my eyes I let it all sink in that I'm one step closer in making my dream come true of becoming a veterinarian.

30 minutes into the ride Uncle Mike sighs. "Nia baby... I got an confession." I looked at him to continue. "Well you know that lil apartment I was supposed to have ready for you when you got here?" I nodded thinking where is he going with this. He continued, "I umm.... rented it to someone else." He rushed out, but I still heard him CLEARLY!

"You're lying right? Cause I know you didn't do know shit like that!" I asked in disbelief. He can't be serious!

"Nope I'm as serious as a heart attack. Ole dude needed a place to stay. Him and his wife were expecting their first child any day and they needed somewhere to call a home. So I umm... rented it to them instead.. sorry niece I just couldn't turn them away." He explained to me.

"Ok! What about me uhh! Where the hell am I gonna stay?" I yelled at him cause he don fucked my whole mood up. Call me whatever you want,but I could careless where their asses ended up at. That was supposed to be MY apartment where I started MY journey and accomplished MY dream and now it's occupied by a bitch ass family. I huffed and crossed my arms.This some fuck up shit right here.

"See and this is where this comes in!" He said reaching over and pulling a paper out of the glove department making us swerve and horns to be blown at us. "Fuck off!" He yelled out the window shooting a bird handing me the paper.

"What the hell is this?" I asked him cause he got me fucked up if he think I'm finna do this.

"It's jobs around the city that's hiring for live in maids and shit like that. I mean I know that you don't have enough money to look for another place in a decent area so this the next best thing. Plus I know that you don't wanna stay with me with all the noise I'll be making." He nudged me wiggling his eyebrows.