The New Girl's Tragic Past

The next morning, it's Cherry's first day to work on Sodor, Cherry was the first member of the Steam Team to wake up, her new friends were still sleeping, Cherry didn't want to be rude to them, because last night Thomas told her that Gordon once pulled him and his E2 tank engine behind the Express after he(Thomas)woke him(Gordon)rudely, when Cherry couldn't decide how to wake them up...

alarm clock:(rang)

Cherry:(turned off the alarm clock)Good morning, Steam Team.

The Steam Team:(yawned)Good morning, Cherry.

Emily:(smiled)Let's get dressed and have breakfast!

Thomas:(happily)Good idea Emily, today's going to be a busy day!

Soon the Steam Team(including Cherry)got dressed and had a delicious breakfast together, then they went to Tidmouth Sheds to get their engines ready for their busy day, as soon as they were all ready, Sir Topham Hatt arrived at Tidmouth Sheds in his bright blue car.

Sir Topham Hatt:(kindly)Good morning Steam Team.

The Steam Team:(happily)Good morning sir!

Sir Topham Hatt:(separated the jobs to the Steam Team, and finally it was Cherry's turn)Ok, finally, Cherry.

Cherry:(shyly)Yes sir?

Sir Topham Hatt:(smiled)Recently the passenger load has been increased, so I want you to help with the local passenger train today.

Cherry:(nervously)Um...but sir...I heard that pulling coaches is hard work...

Sir Topham Hatt:(kindly)It is, but you will just need to follow the schedule and be on time.

Cherry drove her Stirling engine out of Tidmouth Sheds, after a while she arrived at Knapford Station, everyone was amazed by her engine's beautiful livery, soon she noticed that someone has shunted her coaches to her platform, after her engine was coupled up to the coaches, some passengers began to climb on board. Then Percy and his saddle tank engine came beside her.

Percy:Hi Cherry,(worried)you look nervous.

Cherry:(nervously)I am, Uncle Percy, today's my first day, what if I cause confusion and delay? Sir Topham Hatt will be very mad!

Percy:(chuckled)It's gonna be fine, Cherry, Sir Topham Hatt may be strict, he actually has a heart of gold and cares about all of us.

Cherry:(shyly)Really?

Percy:(winked at Cherry)He even has a sense of humor!(Cherry giggled)

Cherry:(curiously)Do you know who shunted my coaches to this platform?

Percy:(kindly)It would be our friend Philip.

Cherry:(shyly)Philip? This name is very popular.

Percy:(smiled)Just like Bill and Ben, he graduated from university and joined our Railway last year, and he drives a yellow and green diesel boxcab, he's very outgoing too.

Cherry:(smiled)It would be fun to meet him.(Percy winks at her happily)

Guard of Cherry's train:(blows his whistle)

Cherry:(blew her engine's whistle)Oh dear, I need to go now, see you later, Uncle Percy!(left Knapford Station with her coaches)

Percy:(waved)Bye Cherry, see you later!

As Cherry and her coaches were heading to the first station, she was very nervous and didn't know what to do, and she didn't even know that some surprise guests was in one of her coaches either! Luckily, Cherry managed to arrive at the first station on time, and a few passengers even praised her for being on time.