CHAPTER 36: MEETING THE KING

On the next morning;

Ryan and Pulisic went to the conference room to have breakfast. Then, he saw Lewis sat with a group of men's team while Mal did the same with the ladies. Both of them are giving Ryan a guilty looks but he just ignored it. After grabs their meals, Ryan went to take a seat with another table which has Cannon, Pulisic and 3 players that played with English clubs; Steffen, Miazga and Carter-Vickers.

"So, guys. How's Premier League nowadays?" asked Ryan.

"It's great. But, damn. Milwall and Leicester City are doing great. Liverpool might miss a chance to win the Premier League again this season" replied Steffen.

"Hariz is currently the top scorer, right?" asked Ryan.

"Yeah. He and his cousin; Xander gave so much trouble to the opponent's defence. We're lucky that there's a crisis in West Ham. If not, I'm sure Danny Quinn will runs berserk too" replied Pulisic.

"That's true. Since Hariz arrived last January, Milwall is runs berserk. No wonder Neil Harris asked him to be the team captain this season" said Miazga.

"How's Cardiff this season?" asked Ryan.

"They're doing well. They might get promoted again this season if you asked me" replied Miazga.

"Will you return there if they got promoted?" asked Carter-Vickers.

"Depends. Besides, AC Milan might returned to Champions League next season after all" replied Ryan.

"I see" said Carter-Vickers.

Later on at the training ground;

"Okay, everybody. Gather around" said Hiddink before the end of trainining. All players then gather around him.

"Okay, then. Before we're called it a day, we'll do 4-on-4 scrimmage. Alex Morgan and Jonathan Lewis. Come out here, please while the rest of you, please sit down." said Hiddink. Alex and Lewis then came forward while the rest sit on the pitch.

"Now, then. Alex, I want you to choose one of the boys to be part of your team and you did the same with the ladies, Jon" said Hiddink.

"I choose Ryan" said Alex.

"I choose Mal" said Lewis. Ryan and Mal then stood up before walked to their team.

"Okay. Now, Alex choose a girl while Lewis choose a boy" said Hiddink.

"I choose Kelley" said Alex.

"I choose Djordje" said Lewis. Kelley and Mihailovic then make their way to the team.

"Now, the final pick, please" said Hiddink.

"Christian for my team" said Alex.

"Tobin for mine" said Lewis.

"Okay. Both teams, go to your place" said Hiddink.

"This will be interesting" said Cannon.

"That's true" replied McKennie.

"Okay, everybody. This match will be 3 goals to win" said Hiddink. Once the players are ready, Hiddink blew his whistle.

The match started with Alex passed the ball to Ryan. Then, Ryan runs with the ball with Pulisic at his side. When Mal approached him, Ryan played 1-2 pass with Pulisic before shoots the ball into the net the first goal.

"What a combination" said Rose.

"Well, they known each other for such a long time after all" replied Cannon.