CHAPTER 1

"Happy Birthday Anu"

Anika lazily opened her eyes to find Shivaay in her room at 12 holding a cake in his hand and wearing a birthday cap. Her eyes widened.

"How did you get in here?" She sat down immediately and he signaled her towards window.

"Idiot Monkey, what if you got injured?" She looked at his shoulders for any such signs.

"I am fine Tiny Tod. Now cut the cake" he made her wear the cap and took out the candles and matchbox. She fed him the first piece and he applied it all over her face.

"Thank you so much" she felt tears wetting her cheeks as she hugged him tight.

"And my gift?" She asked breaking the hug. He smiled and took out a box and when she opened it, there was a ring. It was simple yet elegant.

"Its a promise ring that I will never leave your side and forever be there to protect you"

As he made her wear it, she was on top of the world and thanked her stars for having him as her best friend. It was about her 15th birthday and her parents went to accompany her brother in his interschool competition in Delhi. They were to return that day and Shivaay surprised her in their absence.

"Anu beta, get up" her dream ended when Geeta, her mother woke her up. She opened her eyes and Geeta kissed her forehead.

"Happy Birthday baby"

"Thanks Mom"

"My little girl is 25 now" Ranvijay, her father spoke and entered the room.

"Papa" she hugged him. He caressed her hairs and kissed it.

"Get freshen up and your brother is waiting downstairs with something special."

She nodded and dashed inside the bathroom. When cold water touched her skin, her mind drove back to that one person who left her without a good bye. All his promises were lies and she fell so easily for all of it. Its been 7 years and every year, she waits for a message or call from him. 

"I hate you" she muttered but who was she lying to. Whatever he did to her can never be justified. He was a bastard and she was like another trap for him. Now he was only in magazine covers and page3. Indeed the Casanova fucking billionaire.

She got down to find Gautam, her brother wearing the apron and waiting with the cake.

"Don't tell me you baked it" she couldn't believe her eyes.

"All for you little sis" he placed it on the dining table.

"Happy Birthday" he wished and after chipping a thanks, she did the cake cutting and fed everyone.

"I need to tell you all something" Anika said.

"What is it?" Geeta asked

"I have got an offer in New York to work as an assistant in interior designing Farm" she spoke in one go.

"What?" The three gasped.

"I got the message yesterday and they want me join from the next month" she said.

"That's a great news" Ranvijay said and hugged her.

What? Thats not the reaction she expected from her father. What has gotten into him?

"We are happy for you" Gautam too hugged her.

'Okay, this is not my family. Confirmed'

"Even we have a good news for you"

'now they are back on track' Anika thought and asked them to continue.

"The Oberois are back in city" she felt her world spinning as these words left her father's lips. He cant be serious, Shivaay is back, her Shivaay.

"And I have invited them for lunch today as its your birthday. Best surprise right?"

Anika excused herself from them and dashed inside the washroom. Her breathing was uneven, her nightmare is coming back but why now? 

Her heart wants to see him but will she be able to face him after that night?

Will he have the answers to her questions?

GUYS, HOW IS THE FIRST CHAPTER? SHIVAAY SINGH OBEROI IS RETURNING BACK TO ANIKA'S LIFE WITH A THUNDER. 

THANKS @HimaBinduchundi  @WadutChoudhury FOR COMMENTING ON THE PROLOGUE. SHARE THE STORY MORE.

NEXT UPDATE - TOMORROW