CHAPTER 23

ANIKA'S POV

When we entered Oberoi Mansion at 8, I saw three grinning faces - Mom, Dad and Shivaay's.

"How was it?" Maa was too excited. Its fishy.

"Bhabhi is so fun." Rudy chipped

"Agreed and she has the best taste in food" Om added.

"all Ghee and oil for sure" Shivaay commented and I ignored him.

"Shivaay has a surprise for you Anika" Dad said. I am pretty sure I wouldn't be surprised but shocked.

He took slow steps towards me and circled his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. 

"We are going on our honeymoon tomorrow baby" he kissed my cheek and I surely had a mini heart attack. He is kidding right?

"But we decided not to...." I couldn't even finished my sentence as Maa interrupted.

"Shivaay already planned everything and so he canceled our gift. He wanted to surprise you"

"Maa, Shivaay might have been joking but I wasn't" I told her.

"I took your leave baby, don't worry just a matter of 5 days. Now start packing. We are going tomorrow" he said with a broad smile.

"What?!!" I was at loss of words.

"And Maa, please tell Mira Aunty we will be visiting her some other day" he told Maa.

"Oh Boy she will understand"

"Thanks baby for this amazing surprise" I kissed his cheek mirroring his tone, pretending like a normal couple.

He was surely surprised with my behaviour. Shivaay was getting himself with something I buried long back.

As I entered the room, Shivaay followed me and locked the room.

"Now say"

I acted innocent and took out my clothes to pack. 

SHIVAAY'S POV

She was testing my patience. Here I was waiting for her with so many questions and she pretended to not listen. The next thing I did was pin her to the wardrobe, she flinched back and tried to push me. 

"Shivaay, its hurting" she said gritting her teeth.

"I know right. Look I am ready to talk but you need to fucking cooperate. I came back to propose you to be my girlfriend 6 months after I left. When I went to your ho..." she interrupted 

"Really? Now you want to talk? Where was your brain when I asked you? Just because you wanna know I dont feel like digging something I buried deep inside. So hatiye isse pehle ki mai chillau" 

Damn her arrogance!

"Anika, its serious"

"Everything you speak has weight but what about me? Yes it was true ki mai thi Anand ke shirt me on his bed, but does that imply we had sex?" 

She made me speechless. Was I too dumb to think it that way?

"But Anand told me you guys were together for about 3 months" 

"So whom should you have trusted? Me or him?" As my hold upon her weakened, she pushed me with all her strength and left the room. 

I chose to trust a guy who was a mere friend instead of the person who was there with me since childhood. But the chats?

Meanwhile Arnav chose the perfec time to enter the room. 

"So whats the conclusion?" he asked

"I messed up. All these years, I was blinded by the lies of a dead man" 

"He died 5 years back but what about the time before that?"

Anand sent me pictures of Anika holding the flowers, diamond rings, necklaces and costly gifts he gave her via instagram. When I knew I couldnt tolerate the hurt anymore, I deleted it all. Before 5 years,  there weren't any pictures but all messages pointed he was benefitting from her, physically. 

Was I too engrossed with my guilt that I forgot Anika had to share her point of view?