Chapter 5: Partner

Haise's POV

Today, I will start teaching Kagome about how I exorcist a possessed spirit. After teaching her how I exorcist, I will teach her the most important thing, self-defense.

I asked Aoi where is Kagome, and she said that she is in her room. I went to her room and knock.

"Wait"

Kagome opened the door.

"Haise. What is it?"

"Today I will teach you how I exorcist,"

"Ok. I'm excited. I've been waiting for you to say that"

"Also I will teach you self-defense,"

"Wow. I'm good at that,"

"Really?"

"Watch me,"

"Ok"

We went outside the shrine, and I explained to her how I exorcist a possessed spirit. I first explained the use of talisman. I said that the power of the talisman is to seal the dark entity. And then I explained the chant, which is to make the dark entity go out of the spirit's body.

I teach Kagome the chant, and I said to memorize it. After teaching her the chant, I teach her self-defense. I was amazed because she is good at it. She can protect herself with that.

For two weeks of teaching Kagome, I'm proud of her because she memorized the chant already. Every morning, we would do self-defense as a form of exercise. I can say that Kagome is ready. I'm looking forward to doing an exorcism with her, my partner.

Kagome's POV

For two weeks, Haise taught me how he exorcist a possessed spirit and self-defense. I can say that I like the way he exorcist because it's easy. I was amazed by the power of the talisman because it seals the dark entity that possesses a spirit. This is the spirit world. It's full of unexpected events.

For self-defense, I'm good at that because I learned it a long time ago. I am also good at handling an arnis.

During practice, I would listen carefully to Haise. He is serious when it comes to this. When we are practicing self-defense, I saw how muscular Haise is. He is good at using a sword. Haise said that he carries a sword all the time for self-defense. Haise is more attractive when he is practicing with his sword and not to mention his muscles.

Now, I am resting outside the shrine.

Narrator's POV

It's already three in the afternoon, and Kagome saw a spirit running at the shrine. Kagome called Haise because she thinks this is an emergency.

"Haise"

"Yes, Kagome?"

"Come here. There's a spirit running over here. I think it's an emergency,"

"Ok. I will be there in a second"

A few seconds later, Haise went outside. The spirit said that there's a possessed spirit and wants them to perform an exorcism. Haise said to change their outfits first. Haise changed to his exorcism clothes, while Kagome wears a kimono and tied her hair.

After some minutes, they both went outside. Haise looked at Kagome because she is looking beautiful, and she tied her hair for the first time.

"Haise?"

"Ah, nothing. It's just that you tied your hair,"

"Oh. I tied it because it will get in the way when we do an exorcism,"

"Are you ready, Kagome?"

"Super ready, you?"

"I'm always ready. Let's go, partner,"

"Oh, I like that, partner,"

The spirit leads them to the location. When they arrive, they already saw the possessed spirit. Kagome throws a talisman to the possessed spirit, and they perform the chant. After some minutes, the possessed spirit is back to normal. The possessed spirit and the spirits who witnessed the scene thanked and rewarded them. The reward is money and food.

"This is yours,"

"But"

"No buts. You deserve it. You did a good job today, doing your first exorcism in the spirit world,"

"Thank you, Haise. By the way, are you the only one who does exorcism here?"

"There are lots of us, but in this area, I'm the one who's in charge,"

"Ah, ok,"

"Let's go home, partner,"

"Ok, partner. I'm starving,"

"Let's go to the restaurant and eat,"

"Good idea. Let's go!"

They make a great tandem.