Chapter 5 Aiming with your heart

Mike's P.O.V.
Me and Likadomon woke up in our room. Ken has given us the day off from training given that I had sustained a rather bad injury from the fight with the monochromon yesterday. I heard a knock on the door. "Come in." It was none other than Kiara. "I brought you breakfast Mike." I looked at her,her skin not being so much as even scorched from yesterday,her Amber colored hair catching the light,and looking beautiful,her emerald green eyes staring at me. "Uhm,thanks." She looked at me with concern. "So,how much longer are you gonna be bedridden?" I rubbed the back of my head. "Well,ken said maybe until tomorrow,or the day after." She looked at the massive bandage covering a majority of my arm. "Let me try something." She took the bandage off of my arm revealing the nasty burn,with mostly scarred skin. "Uhm Ki,what are you doing??" She looked up at me. "Trust me." She placed her hands on the wound,her digivice started to light up,and her hands started to give off this gleaming light. My arm started to glow a bright red. She lifted her hands. The wound was gone,nothing but some minor scars here and there. "How the heck did you do that??" She looked up at me and smiled. "That's something we learned today in training. Not the healing part,but that we can manifest some kind of weird energy and use it how we want. It mainly manifests and correlated to the element we can control." I remembered how she wasn't even scratched by the fireball from Monochromon. "So our theory about the elements changing was right??" She nodded. "Yup,and that mine was fire. But as far as everyone else we couldn't really figure out anyone else's elemental connections." I got out of bed,and walked towards the canteen. Ken shot up. "So,Mrs.Azure I assume it worked??" Ki nodded. "Yup I was able to heal his burns sir." Ken nodded. "It's kinda sad that we were unable to discover anything else about anyone's elemental connections. But I know you lot are new to this so I won't push for it to hap-" Ken was cut off by the alarm going off. We all rushed towards the base. "Yolei what caused the alarm to go off." She pulled up a video feed. "It appears to be a group of Gotsumon,its rare to see this many digimon coming through a portal at once. Maybe they were shoved out by those dark masters that the monochromon mentioned." Ken placed his hand on the terminal on the opposite side of the room. "Well it appears they are separating. So,I believe this is the first case where we will require a team to mobilize. And a team that's more than just Ms.Azure,and Mr.Kaiser,with the number of digimon,and given that their power levels appear to be increasing,we should dispatch the full team,with two for each target." Kiara grabbed my arm and I started to blush. "I call Mike. Besides we worked well yesterday,so we should dispatch again." Ken looked at me. "Alright,be careful,also Mr.Kaiser I recommend taking this." Ken pulled out this small chip that looked like it could enter into my digivice,I put it into a slot in my digivice and it disintegrated in a flash of red light. "That was an upgrade chip to your weapon,it should make it to where it has both a close combat form,and a ranged version. With the gotsumon it should help. Me and yolei will stay here in the base offering whatever support we can,so be careful out there team."

We all got on our separate vehicles,and dispatched to our different targets. Jake,and mei went together,Ashley and Sonja did,and the final pair was Ryu,and Yamato. Kiara asked over comms when we arrived where our target should've been. "Yolei,it appears mine and Red's target has migrated do you guys have eyes on it?" It took Yolei a moment. "Yeah Silver the readings still say your target should be in that area. Are you sure he's not anywhere nearby they are known to be skilled tricksters." I looked around,I could really see anything. "We're sure,our target isn't in clear eyesight at least. But I think my partner may be able to help. Likadomon Realize!" My partner appeared to my right and looked up at me. "What's the plan Red?" I looked back at him. "Likadomon,true sight time." My partners eyes glowed white. He than proceeded to scan the courtyard we were in. "Found him. CRIMSON SLASH!!" My partner sliced a stone pillar on a building and suddenly there was our target a Gotsumon. The rocky exterior of the digimon was marred with a red mark across its chest. "GOTSU CRUSHER!!" Our target shot boulders out at us.