Chapter 3

No longer feeling a warm body next to hers, Luna is awoken by a chill breeze that seeped in from the cracks in the walls and opening of the cave. Wait. Opening of the cave? She jolts up from her drowsy state. Scanning the cave for Eep, it is evident that she left while everyone was sleeping. She panics silently, lifting a hand to her mouth. What should I do? Should I wake Uncle up to go after Eep? Or should I go after her so that they don't notice she's gone? She made her decision. She quickly drew a small painting of what she was about to do somewhere where the Croods would be able to easily see. Slipping through the gap between the ground and the boulder blocking the entrance with her thin figure. Luna hesitates, her hand still placed on the big rock. She strengthens her resolve, not daring to look back, and runs quickly into the night to find her friend.

Picking up on Eep's traces and footprints, she finds herself before a cliff circling her. She sees a faint light that's fading by the second. But what really unnerved her was the yells and grunts from where the light was coming from. Taking a deep breath, Luna climbs and jumps up the cliff with ease, taking care to step lightly. When she lands, she finds herself facing Eep and a mysterious boy. Were they fighting? It looked pretty one sided, to be honest. But then again, Eep was one of the strongest people she knew. Sighing, she walks up to them, exasperated at how they were behaving, inquiring about the situation. "What are you doing?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Guy's P.O.V.~

Tiger girl releases me as soon as we hear a soft and feminine voice ask us, "What are you doing?" I couldn't see as she dropped me on my head, facing away from the direction of the person. "AAAAGHH!" I cradle my head towards my body, not used to so much pain at a time.

"Luna, what are you doing here? How did you find me?" Tiger girl sounds pretty anxious.

"Did you just drop a person on their head? And besides, I asked first." 'Luna' retorts back.

I feel a pair of cold, but soft hands on my wrist, prying them away from my head. I come face-to-face to a girl with the face of an angel. Maybe I died when Tiger girl dropped me on my head. She looks worried. Why would she look worried?

Luna starts looking more troubled as the seconds pass and the silence prolongs. "Are you okay?"

"O-oh, yeah, I-I'm fine." I stutter out. She looked built differently, looking more like me than Tiger girl. "Is there something on my face? You keep staring at me." Her melodious voice flows like a calm river. "S-sorry. I'm not used to seeing so many people at once." Her eyes flickered with curiosity. They dart around before widening. "It's fading!" I turn around frantically, moving to try and keep it from dying. As I move, I get blocked by Tiger girl.

"No! It's mine!"

"It's dying! I can fix it."

"No, no. I caught it!"

Luna quickly tugs Tiger girl away. "Please, let him fix it. I don't want to be in the dark again." Tiger girl widens her eyes. "Please. I hate the dark." Both of their eyes snap over to me. She slowly drags Tiger girl away in order for me to save the dying flame. Blowing slowly, the fire regains it's vitality. Smiling as it does, I sit back as the two move  forward. Tiger girl questions my power over the fire. "It does what you tell it?" I chuckle slightly. "Well, yeah, sort of." Luna leans forward more. Turning to me, she starts inquiring about me and the flame. "Even though you said it was dying, it doesn't seem like it's alive. It's also too small to even be considered the sun. So what is it?" I stare at her for a moment, caught off-guard by her intelligence compared to Tiger girl. "It's fire." "Is it from where you come from?" "No, I make it." I say simply, making small gestures with my hands. I see Tiger girl's hand reaching above me, she grabs onto my hair, demanding I make it.