Bathroom Mishaps

"Okay, okay. Its fine. Its fine. You can do thisss." I say to myself as I place my hand on the door handle. My anxiety is eating me up. I just barely bring myself to slowly begin turning the handle but before I can, I get shoved aside, making me stumble to the right.

"Oh my god. Just open the fucking door already." a low voice in an annoyed tone groans.

I look up to see a tall guy dressed in all black. I try but I can't make out his face much because his hood covers most of it. He then quickly turns the door handle and goes inside the room full of people.

Jeez. Whats his problem?

"Sorry.." I mumble as I walk in behind him.

He takes a seat in the middle row of the room while I go for the back row. A somewhat middle-aged man that seems to be the teacher walks in the room and speaks,

"Welcome everyone, to your first day at Oakwood! My Name is Mr. Herman and today, we will all be getting to know each...."

I space out.
I still can't believe Im in New York...I mean, I can but it all just feels different. New school, new house, well not a house more like a cheap apartment...and new mom. Ugh I hated calling her that but my dad insisted I did or else he would cut off my allowance, what kind of bullshit is that?
my dad thought it would be a great idea for us to move in with his girlfriend after only dating her for 10 months. Ugh.

He claims its love and its real but honestly I know he's just lonely. Ever since the divorce, he's been bringing all kinds of ladies into our home or worse, he's bringing me into all kinds of ladies homes.

He said the divorce was mutual but he always looked so sad. That is...until he met "Nicole". I think he chose to move here to get away from home because it reminded him too much of Mom. I mean, I hate to admit it but Im kind of looking forward to living here in New York? I hope its everything like you see in movies or on instagram. Its definitely gonna be different than living in Michigan. I mean, it's not like I lived in the countryside or anything, I did live in the city but still. It is a little more busy in New york so far.

"Excuse me...hello?"

I snap out of my deep thinking and look up. I see the man who introduced himself as Mr. Hermidge...or was it Hermelde? I honestly can't remember.

  "Um...are you talking to me?" I hesitantly reply.

   "Yeah, you in the green sweater." he says squinting his eyes while adjusting his glasses.

   "..Yes...?" I respond. I look around and see everyone staring at me.

  "Its your turn." he says while giving me a chipper smile.

What the heck is he talking about?

  "Uh turn for what..?" I say confused.

He points to the board with some kind of finger pointer thing that reminds me of the one my kindergarten teacher used. The board reads in colorful expo marker, Get to know each other!! Say your name, one cool fact about yourself, and one of your favorite foods :)

  "Oh" I clear my throat. "Well um, my name is Rose." I say softly but somehow still loud enough to hear.

"One cool fact about myself is i can touch my nose with my tongue." I made that up. I actually can't.

"My favorite food is" I say a little louder this time. "ice cream." its actually not but its the first thing that came to mind.

  "Wonderful! Everyone say Hi to Rose!" he exclaims rather happily.