Chapter Eight - Confession

Isabella's POV

I'm gonna do it, today's the day! After I got the devastating news that I'd be leaving early, I took it as a chance to confess to him. To Killua. I don't remember when I started falling for him, but I can't just ignore the feelings I have. I do not know if I am making the right decision, or if I'm making a terrible mistake. But I guess I'm gonna find out in a few moments, I'm already here.

As she walked across the tiny bridge to the dock she heard distant chatter coming from a little girl and a boy who sounded her age. Bingo.

Lucky for her, she walked in at the perfect moment. Killua fell face first into the water, holding the fish net in front of him. Perfect chance to strike a conversation!

She waited a bit and then interrupted.

"Getting beat by a bunch of tiny fish I see." She said, walking towards the steps leading to the shallow part of the lake.

"Awe man you saw that?! You always show up at the wrong time." Killua whined, sitting up in the water.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't spying.

"Haha. I see everything."

Killua groaned, slapping his forehead in embarrassment.

A petite little girl with long black hair ran up to Bella.

"And who might this be?" Bella asked, she looked up to see Killua getting up from the water.

"My little sister." He sighed, walking towards the two.

"I'm Alluka!" The girl had the cutest voice ever, and the way she smiled was cute too!

"Yeah yeah, go find fish." Killua ordered, handing Alluka the net.

"Humph. Bella do you want to find fish with me and my brother?" Alluka turned to Bella, disregarding everything that Killua said.

"Sure!" She smiled at Alluka. The little girl then took off with the net in her hand, going to find other fish. Bella unsure if she should follow her or not, started to walk to where the little girl was at, but Killua stopped her.

"She'll forget." Killua said, putting his hands into the pockets of his swimming trunks.

"Shes cute! Where'd you get a sister like that?" Bella joked.

"Why, is it hard to believe we are related because shes cute and I'm not?" He murmured.

Huh? Why did he ask that? Should I take this as a sign? Should I do it now?! What if it doesn't work!? This is much more stressful than I thought it'd be!!

"I think you're cute." Bella blurted out, pushing all her doubts aside. Shit, I said it. Her heart was now beating a mile a minute. WhatdoIdowhatdoIdo?

"H-Huh." Bella avoided eye contact from him, but she could tell he was getting embarrassed. Shit there's no backing down now. Its now or never.

She turned, now they were standing face to face. The lake water brushed against her ankles, it was a cool temperature. Not to hot not to cold, just perfect. The background noises that were once there before had seemed to dissipate. Like that one time a week ago, when they swam to the other side of a lake. Everything in the world was silent, they could only hear each other. It was like whenever they were together, everything else was cancelled out, like it was their own little world.

I am gonna do it. I have to do it. Well I don't have to, but I want to. I don't know when i'll see him again, if I ever will. So I have to take a chance, because I might never get another one. Even if this is the worst setting ever, I am gonna do it. Just do it! Don't back down! Come on you got this! SAY IT!

"Killua.." She started to tear up. "I like you."

.

Hes not saying anything.

.

Ok keep going.

"I...I'm leaving on Wednesday and not Friday. Wednesday night to be exact. Ill have all day tomorrow to pack and spend with my family, so this might be the last time I see you. S..So I just wanted to let you know." He was still staring at her. What could he be thinking? The look in his eye made Bella just want to regret everything she said.

I shouldn't have said anything! I should have kept quiet, she thought. If only she had listened earlier.

.

.

"I cannot reciprocate the feelings." Killua spoke, his eyes did not try to look away from her gaze. Somehow looking into his eyes made her heart hurt more, so she looked to the side of him.

That's it? His stare was harsh and blank, like he had no feelings for her at all. Which she should have expected. No trace of sentiment? Nothing?! At all! I cant believe I ever wasted my time on a guy like this.

"I thought so! I just thought I'd let you know, since I probably wont see you again haha." Her words came off sharp, and the laugh was forced. She was a mess.

"I..I hope we can.." Come on don't cry! "We..we can somehow be friends still."

Finally mustering up some courage that she had left, she looked up to his face. His head was turned and his eyes were dull, he wasn't even looking at her. Did he not care for what she had to say? Did he not even think of her as a friend? Does he even care for his feelings at all!?

Seeing that side of him shocked Bella, making her experience a pain shes never felt before.

Suddenly, she had no control over her body. Next thing she knew she felt hot tears fall against her cheeks, dropping onto her shirt. Uncontrollable tears fell, like a faucet left running. She couldn't look at him anymore. So she ran. Even though she was aware it was dramatic, and cliche, she didn't care. She just wanted to get the heck out of there.

I wasn't worried about going back to my hometown before. But now that there's not even a percentage of hope for.. us, all I can think of is wanting to stay longer. Maybe if I had taken more time to get to know him or be friends with him longer. Maybe he'd like me then.

I'm a fool.

[] - [] - [] - [] - [] - [] -[] - [] - []

Its been a whole day already. Is it Wednesday yet? She wondered, dreading the thought of staying here any longer. Her parents had invited her to come down to the lake with them for their last day staying here, but she declined. She didn't want to accidentally run into.. him. Not after what happened yesterday.

So she stayed in bed. And she plans to stay in bed until tomorrow. Until they hop into their car with all of their luggage's and suitcases and drive. Drive back home. Far from here. Far from him. But she cant help but wonder if that's what she really wants. What does she want?

No point in worrying about it now, she thought, huddling back under the blanket. Feeling sorry for herself and moping around isn't going to stop the waterworks from starting, but at least she can cry where no one is watching.