The System

It was warm, and something wet was stroking against me. I opened my eyes. I was surrounded by small... foxes? What the hell? I tried to stand up but couldn't gather the strength. Wait... why do I feel so weird?

"REINCARNATOR AWAKENED. NOW ACTIVATING EXPLANATION. WOULD YOU LIKE A WORLDLY EXPLANATION?"

[YES] [NO]

What the... yes?

"CONFIRMED. WELCOME TO THE WORLD KNOWN AS [VERITA]. AS DESCRIBED BY CREATOR [LUCIFER]: Hahahaha! I totally isekai'd you! Anyway, you're probably confused right now, let me give you a little explanation, your now in a world of swords and magic! You'll probably be really mad at me, but I reincarnated you as the weakest monster in the entire world. Even a slime or a goblin can easily kill you with one little hit! You'll have to forgive me, if I reincarnated you as something overpowered like a dragon then the immortals would have noticed and killed you on sight! Anyway, just say "status" and you'll be able to see your stats like a game! I gave you a very high stat by the way, enjoy! END OF MESSAGE."

Another wet stroke went against my head. I looked up to see a strange fox. The fox had a white underbelly and dark blue fur with eyes as green as grass.

"Status."

NAME: REATH

SPECIES: THORN FOX

GENDER: MALE

TITLES: [FRIEND OF THE DEVIL] [WRATH]

LVl: 1/5

SOULS COLLECTED: 0/5

Hp: 10/10

ATTACK: 10

ENDURANCE: 10

MANA: 0

AGILITY: 50

INTELLIGENCE: 15

SKILLS: [FOX THORN lvl1] [FOX LANGUAGE] [INFINITE MANA CAPACITY]

I'M A DAMN FOX!? WHAT THE HELL! Okay, now, I've played games before, and I KNOW the agility stat is not supposed to be that high! And why the hell is my mana zero!? Am I unable to use magic?

Another wet stroke went against my ear. The blue fox must be my mother, and the other foxes must be my siblings. I looked around the surroundings. It seems I'm in a deep cave, I can just barely see an entrance in the distance with sunlight beaming through. I tried to look down, but I know had a long mouth. I guess I just look like a regular fox.

"My sweet baby, I'll protect you, I won't let the humans take you."

Who said that?

I looked up and instantly realized it was my mother talking. Let me try talking to her.

"Ma....ma...."

Damn it! I can't talk yet, my body is still of a newborn.

I looked back at my new mother. A twinkle was in her eye. She rubbed her head against mine.

"How sweet. Let's see, your name should be... Reath! Your name is Reath!"

"NAME CONFIRMED. NEW POSSIBLE EVOLUTION'S"

I can evolve? Is that why my mother looks like that?

"IDENTIFYING... WATER WOLF: AN EVOLUTION OF A THORN FOX, HAS A HIGH ABILITY WITH WATER MAGIC. ABLE TO GIVE BIRTH TO CHILDERN WITHOUT THE NEED OF A MALE."

So, she can do water magic?

And it said "evolution's", does that mean I can evolve into multiple monsters? What was it that Lucifer told me? "Become a demon lord". Alright, I owe you Lucifer, so I won't let you down for giving me a second chance.