Chapter Seven- Sticking it Out

Four
----
I have been keeping an eye on the new Stiff. She's different, and even a blind moron could tell she was eager to be in Dauntless.
When I told the initiates that they were now going to fight against one another, I watched as Tris's face goes from confused, to thoughtful, to realization in seconds.
Last night I had told her to aim for the neck and use her elbows, she must be making sense of what I had said now.
"Today will be your first brawl, your names are listed on the board." I said smirking.
Tris was strong for her size, and she was quick. She could easily take on what I was laying down.
Both her and Peter have a look of satisfaction and evil on their faces. The two haven't really talked, or seemed to interact, but it was plain to see that they were both looking forward to a good fight.

I saved Tris and Peter till last, seeming that they were going to be the best fight to watch. The initiates were shameful to watch to say the least. Most of them were either to chicken to throw a punch, a to big of a pansycake to take one.
After the second last brawl, my head was starting to pound, it was as if I hadn't taught them the slightest bit about combat...
Next up was Tris and Peter, and honestly, I was glad I saved them for last, I needed a little boost in my mood.
"Tris and Peter! On the mat!" I call.
Tris takes her stand on the left side of the mat. Holding one elbow up, and the other covering her core. She at least listened to me. Peter on the other hand... Not so much.
He stood with one hand blocking his face like he was supposed to yes, but the other was hanging limply and not being used. Why was he not using his other hand!
"Begin!"
Peter power walked over to Tris and aimed a clean punch to her face, but Tris clicked into gear and ducked. before Peter could pull his hand back, Tris grabbed his wrist firmly and twisted herself around, making Peter trip over one of her legs and fall on his hands and knee. It was a stupid mistake on his part, and an easy point for Tris.
Peter was furious. He stood up lightning fast and whipped a swift punch to Tris' gut.
Sh leg out an "oof" but other than that she was back into defence mode and protecting herself.
Peter cracked his neck and looked like he was searching for blood, which wasn't exactly a good thing.
Turning his back to Tris, Peter smiled evilly and seemed to be putting together something that was going to take this fight too far.
"Stiff? Is it true that Abnegation parents beat their children?" He asked.
My jaw tightened and I resisted the urge to go up there and beat the little beast myself, but seeing the flash of fury in Tris' eyes showed me I didn't have to.
"No! Abnegation are good, no, great people! Unlike you they actually care for the good of others." She spat.
Peter turned back to face Tris. "Awe, Stiff, you don't have to lie anymore, everyone has daddy issues right?"
With that Tris leaped forward, connecting her elbow with Peter's nose. The loud crack was all the signs needed to know she just broke his nose.
"I said Abnegation are good people! My father died with the honour of knowing he lived selflessly!" She yelled at him, connecting her foot with his rib cage.
"Good!" another kick.
"People!" She kicked him again and was going for another when I intervened.
"Woah there Stiff, he's had enough, you won." I said, holding my hands up in front of her.
Peter was in a ball on the ground with a steady stream of blood flowing from his nose.
She looked at him with disgust before turning and leaving.
I picked Peter up under the arms and flung one of them over my shoulder. The nurse was going to have fun with this one.

I knew I should have been worrying about the condition Peter was in, but I didn't bring myself to care. He had hit a soft spot on Tris and she seemed to be pretty angry with Peter's words. Her dad passed away? She's strong and tough with only being here a week? None of the pieces were fitting together, which only made me want to solve the puzzle more.