Chapter 4

Cheryl POV:

The breeze from my open window woke me up, and I stretched my arms, getting up to get ready for school. I had time for a longer shower than usual today, as it was only 7:12am.

Before I stepped into the shower, I took off the bandaids on my thighs. Last evening flashed back to me, and I wondered about Antoinette again. I wondered how come I had never seen her before, if she even went to school, and where?

After my shower I dried myself off, changed into a white cropped t-shirt, black leather pants, with a red custom jean jacket on top.

I grabbed a granola bar, my handbag, phone, and car keys and headed outside.

Toni POV:

I woke up late, not bothering to check the time because I most likely wasn't gonna go to school anyway.

I'm pretty sure the only reason the school hasn't gotten me in trouble yet is because I put fake numbers and an address for my parents and I during my sophomore year. I'm honestly surprised they haven't found out at this point.

Thankfully, now I'm 18, my own legal guardian. But at the age I was when I officially lost my parents, I would've been put in the horrible foster system in the Riverdale area.

My parents died a while after I turned 16. They pretty much had given up after my brother passed at the age of 12 due to cancer and decided to go clubbing practically every night to drown their sorrows. Every night until that dreadful one.

I remembered waking up to that phone call- But I promised myself not to dwell on the past, which is what I told myself when blinking the tears out of my eyes. The Serpents were my family now, and I was so grateful to have them.

You know what? I decided to go to school today. Sure, it was already 10:48am but going was better than not going in my attendance.

I changed into a badass outfit, considering I hadn't stepped foot on Southside High property in well over a month.

I paired combat boots with black leather pants and a lace burgundy top with my serpent jacket on top, brushed my hair and teeth, put on light makeup, and grabbed my phone. I skimmed over my notifications until I spotted one that made me freeze.

My landlord had sent an email earlier this morning claiming I hadn't met the requirements for the rent. I frantically scanned the message until my eyes landed on the last line.

Eviction, effective immediately.

Cheryl POV:

After a half hour of hearing Archie, Veronica, Jughead and my cousin Betty drone on about who-knows-what on the sofas in the lounge, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and started scrolling through Instagram.

I smiled when I saw the 28 followers I had gained overnight. As I was about to close the app, a familiar face in the suggestions box caught my eye. Although the profile picture was small, I recognized her almost immediately.

Toni Topaz, Southside High '20, Serpent 🐍.

Wait. Southside High? SERPENT?? No wonder I'd never seen Antoin- Toni anywhere before.

Her account was private, and I didn't want to be a creep and request it after I'd only met her once. And by met I meant gotten a tattoo from her.