A friend in Need

In history class, Peach whispered to her team, "I think we've discovered the impossible: we've found someone who can rival Sonic in speed."

The rest agreed in silence.

"Now," said Professor Oobleck while running around the room, "who here has been discriminated against because of faunus heritage?"

Some of the students then raised their hands.

"Dreadful, now remember, it is ignorance like this that breeds this violence. Now who can tell me where the turning point of the Great War is theorized to be?"

Weiss then raised her hand and said, "The Battle at Fort Castle."

"Excellent. Now, who can tell me what advantage the Faunus had over the General in the war?"

Jaune was being hit by paper footballs from Cardin.

"Mr. Arc, so you finally decided to take part in class. So what is the answer?" asked Professor Oobleck.

"The Reason, that the faunus won the war was..." Jaune thought hard, and he saw Pyrrha with her hands around her eyes. "...Binoculars!"

Pyrrha just sighed.

"Very amusing Mr. Arc. Mr. Winchester, do you know the answer?"

"Well," said Cardin, "I know it's easier to train an animal than a soldier."

Rabbid Mario then got out Big Blue Bopper and smacked Cardin in the head.

"Mr. Rabbid Mario! See me after class!" said Oobleck.

"You're not the most open minded of most, are you Cardin," said Pyrrha.

"What, you got something wrong with that?" asked Cardin.

"No I have the answer, it's night vision. Most faunus are well known for their night vision."

"The general was young and inexperienced," said Blake, "he made the grave mistake of attacking the faunus in the night. Maybe if he actually payed attention in school, he wouldn't be remembered as a failure."

"Like how Cardin is gonna be?" asked Mario.

The class then erupted into laughter.

"Mr. Winchester," said Oobleck, "you, Mr. Rabbid Mario, and Mr. Arc all see me after class."

After a lecture, Cardin, Jaune, and Rabbid Mario all left, and Cardin shoved Jaune to the ground, and the Rabbids, who stayed and waited for Rabbid Mario, started to beat Cardin up again. Some other Rabbids saw this and thought it was fun.

So they grabbed things like plungers and sticks and joined in on smacking Cardin. Pyrrha, who also waited for Jaune, then looked at the poor boy and thought of something. That night, she took him out on the roof outside their dorm window.

"The view is beautiful," said Pyrrha.

"Look Pyrrha," said Jaune, "I really don't belong here."

"What are you talking about? You made it to Beacon."

"No I didn't! I lied. I never went to a combat school, I never trained, I didn't earn my place here. I got my hands on some fake transcripts."

Pyrrha looked at Jaune with confusion.

"But, why Jaune?"

"Because I come from a long family of heroes, and I wanted to join them."

"Then let me help you Jaune."

"No, I need to do this on my own. I'm tired of being the guy that needs help. I have to do this on my own, so I don't need any help."

Pyrrha then sighed in defeat and left Jaune.