Chapter One - The Halloween Party

Beep, beep, beep! I groaned as my arm slowly found its way out of the covers towards my nightstand and I started feeling around for that annoying object. I eventually found it after knocking over many other things in my way. Finally, the terrible sound had ended. I rolled onto my side, trying to get a few more extra minutes of sleep, but that soon demolished when I heard my father's computer creation.

"Miss. Stark, it is time to get up."

"Shut up, J.A.R.V.I.S," I groaned.

"Forgive me, Miss Stark, but, by my calculations, if you do not get up within two minutes, you will not make it to school on time." J.A.R.V.I.S informed. I was back laying on my back, staring at the ceiling and with a heavy sigh I tore the covers off of me and headed for my bathroom to take a shower and closed the door.

Half an hour later I was out of the shower with a towel wrapped around me and another around my damp hair. I walked over to my closet to find something to wear. I grabbed a grey shirt off the hanger and my plain dark blue jeans and changed. After I finished zipping up my pants zipper I went back to the bathroom to blow-dry my hair. I came out twenty minutes later, looking like . I left my room and followed the smell of strong fresh coffee being brewed in the kitchen. "Morning kiddo,"

"Morning dad," I greeted back as I poured myself a cup. I sat at the bar counter, reading a group text Chloe, Danielle and Beth had added me to with the rest of students in our year. They were all talking about the Halloween party tonight that Chloe will be hosting. I was really debating on whether to go. Every year I always came up with some lame excuse on why I couldn't attend. I was not very fond of Halloween or anything that came along with it.

"Need a ride to school, kiddo?" Dad offered.

I looked up from my phone to my dad. "It's okay dad. Chloe is going to pick me up in about fifteen minutes." I told him.

"Are you sure? I can get Hogan to drive you and your friends." He insisted. Dad always worried about my safety. He had no shortage of enemies, and he always feared one of his adversaries would find out about me and use me against him. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a Stark and could just be normal. I got up from where I was sitting and went to put my mug in the sink.

"Dad, the last thing I want to do is role up in a big fancy limo with my personal bodyguard. It's bad enough two years ago when I was going to Hamilton High School you sent Hogan to pick me up on the last day of school, all summer people were calling me the spoiled rich bitch Stark, and even worse my classmates were saying I was the daughter of a terrorist." I explained and my dad's eyes seemed to expand hearing this.

"Wait.. you told me, you wanted to switch schools because a group of mean girls were terrorizing you at school with their pranks." Dad thought, looking at me more serious this time, and crossed his arms, waiting for the truth.

"Yeah, that was a lie... I thought it sounded better than what people were actually saying." I admitted.

"Why didn't you tell me the truth Maeve. I would have taken care of it."

"What would you have done dad? Showed up as Iron Man and threaten to blow them up into tiny pieces?" I suggested.

He dropped his arms to his side, his posture changing, trying to come up with some witty response like he often did in these types of situations. "Well, I don't think I would blow them up, but I would definitely leave them in different corners of the world." He stated sarcastically.

"Not helping dad." I looked at my dad, unimpressed. He acted like such a teenager sometimes, and I felt like I was the one acting like the responsible adult here. "Look dad, things have been way better for me since I transferred over to University High School Charter. I have a few good friends, people don't treat me like I'm the daughter of a billionaire, philanthropist slash hero during the week. I feel normal and I don't want to lose what little of 'normal' I have in my life."