~Chapter Four~Strange Things Happening

I woke up early the next morning. Jumped in the shower and got dressed. I did my makeup to cover up my fresh cuts. Fewer people saw, the less questions they'd be asking, although I'm sure Chloe had sent me a billion messages, wondering what happened to me. Right, I almost forgot, I dropped my phone that night when I was taken by those guys. Or as my dad figures, by the "drinks" I couldn't wrap my head around it. I was sure everything I told my dad that happened, happened! I did not hallucinate any of it.

There was no point in asking my dad about the Tesseract, he'd probably tell me I made that up too. I went downstairs to the kitchen to get some caffeine in me. My dad was nowhere in the house, must've gone to the office early this morning. I poured my coffee into a mug and went to sit at the table when a piece of paper with a box on top of it on the counter with my name caught my attention. It was a brand new iPhone 4S. I moved the box off the paper. It was my dad's writing, informing me he had to go to the office early this morning and that the phone was all ready to go. I took the device out of the box and turned it on and went to the Facebook app, and saw I had over thirty messages from Chloe, I briefly read the first few. Basically, she wanted to know why I ditched her party and if Jason and I hit it off. I closed the app. I didn't want to deal with it now; I was sure they would ambush me about it at school.

I finished my coffee and put the cup in the sink. I grabbed my bag when my dad's computer program spoke. "Miss Stark Hogan would like me to inform you he is here to drive you to school." J.A.R.V.I.S. said.

"Thanks J.A.R.V.I.S. but tell him Danielle is already picking me." I lied. I did not feel like talking about what happened the other night.

"I'm sorry Miss Stark, but your father has order Hogan to drive you to and from school now."

I groaned. Great, my dad's way of punishing me, I guess. "Fine, tell him I'll be out in a few minutes."

"Yes, Miss Stark."

I slung my bag over my shoulder. Grabbed my phone and headed out the door. The limo was parked right outside the door and Hogan was already at the back door waiting for me to get in. "Good morning Miss Stark." Hogan greeted with a small smile.

"Morning. How many times do I have to tell you to call me Maeve?" I asked him.

"Sorry, Miss Stark," I sighed. ",... I mean Maeve." He corrected himself. I smiled and climbed into the backseat and he closed the door and walked around the car to the driver side and got in and started the car and we were off. The car ride was quiet. Thankfully, Hogan didn't ask if I remembered anything from the other night. He probably could tell I didn't want to talk about it. We were almost at the school and I grabbed the remote to bring down the partition window that separates the driver from the passenger.

"Hogan, when you pull up at the school. Do me a favor and just stay in the driver's seat." I told him.

"Are you sure? It's not a big deal for me to come around and open your door. It's part of my job." Hogan informed me.

"No, it's fine. I'm sure I can open my door. I don't want to draw too much attention. I just want to get out and go without too many people looking at me." I pressed.

"As you wish." He said, pulling up to the school. He put the limo in park. I was about to open the door when he said some. "I'll be here around three to pick you up." I nodded and opened the door and climbed out of the vehicle, and saw a few eyes on me and I looked at the ground as I closed the door and Hogan drove off. I climbed up the stairs and walked along the path towards the school entrance. People were looking at me, some were even whispering in clusters as they watched me go by. Were they talking about me? I had no idea.