~Chapter Six~Who Are You?

"Maeve... oh Maeve. Wake up, kiddo." A familiar voice called. Now they were shaking me. I groaned and painfully opened my eyes.

"Dad?" I said groggily. "What's going on? What time is it?"

"Eight-twenty five. Long day at school?" It was more a statement than a question. I sat up, pushing my loose strands of hair out of my face and rubbed my eyes. I ended up only making my vision more blurry. "Hogan said, you wanted to come home early. Something happen at school?" Dad looked at me and saw I was quiet. "He also said you seemed very anxious, like you thought someone was after you."

"What? No... nothing happened. I just didn't want to be there." I blurted.

"Why is that?"

"I just... felt a little hungover still is all." My dad looked at me. I couldn't really tell from his look if he believed me or not, but he didn't press any further.

"Well, make sure you stay until your last class tomorrow."

"Yes, dad."

I got up from the couch and went upstairs to get ready for bed. Once I finished brushing my teeth and getting my pajamas on I turned the light off and came out of the bathroom and headed straight for my bed. I laid there for the longest time, staring at the ceiling. Who was that guy? What did he mean by 'helping me control my power'? How did he even see me? Where Jason and I were you can't see that part of the forest. It happened all so fast, but I don't remember anyone around us. My next question that was floating in my mind was, should I take him up on his offer? What if he was part of that group of guys that attacked me? Maeve, what are you getting yourself into? I cursed myself. I had a bad feeling about this. I had until the end of the school day to figure it out and I passed out.

The light shined through my window the next morning, right on my face, and I squinted from the brightness. Was it morning already? I crawled out of bed and staggered towards my bathroom to get ready for another eventful day at school. I went downstairs and downed two cups of coffee. My dad was once again at the office early, that or he was with his girlfriend Pepper Potts. I heard the limo honk outside, and I left out the door.

I climbed into the back of the limo, greeted Hogan, and we were off. Hogan dropped me off at school and told me he would be back here at three. I closed the door and headed up the stairs. I would text Hogan when I was in my last class and tell him I was staying for an after-school program, so he wouldn't be sitting there wondering what happened to me.

As soon as I walked through the school entrance Chloe spotted me. She was followed by our other two friends. "Where were you, Maeve? You didn't meet us for lunch? And then you weren't at our last two classes." Chloe pressed as we made our way to our lockers.

"I'm sorry. Just... something came up at home and my dad needed me there." I explained as I started putting in my lock combo.

"Maeve, I swear you have been acting weird these last few days. What's going on?"

"Nothing is going on. Just stuff at home and I don't feel like talking about it." I stated, with a hint of frustration in my voice. Chloe just never knew when to quit.

"Don't lie. This is about whatever happened between you and Jason at my Halloween party. You can tell us Maeve, were your best-friends we wouldn't judge you."

"I told you, nothing happened between me and Jason, now just drop it!" I shouted at her. Suddenly, everyone who had their locker door opened slammed shut. Other students shrieked and stepped away from their lockers. I could hear people whispering, wondering what that could have been.