Chapter One- The Swap (Ayano)

I laid asleep in my bed, dreaming about my Taro-Senpai. His warm, grey, kind eyes causing me to gush at his presence. He is charming and sweet; he makes me feel things that I have been deprived of for my entire life, emotions. I must ensure that he never falls to another woman, or guy, or anything else that isn't me. I am sure that another girl named Kokona Haruka wants to take Taro from me. I have heard her say it herself as she shadowed Taro in the courtyard. This is obliviously unacceptable and is inexcusable. Senpai is MINE! I must eliminate her posthaste before she can go through with her heinous plot to steal senpai. Liking senpai is the last mistake Kokona will ever make. And she has made plenty of mistakes. Either way, in my dream, Taro is talking to me as we walk to school together. It is as if I am an old friend of his and not some random person who ran into him. He cracks jokes and I laugh shyly. I try not to stare at him too obsessively, although this is easier said than done. As we walk towards the school I feel truly whole.

Suddenly Taro begins to panic as a mysterious thick black smoke surrounds us.

"Ayano look" was all Taro could get out before the black smoke surrounded me and all noises ceased.

Then a deep mysterious voice spoke.

"Don't worry little girl. You will see him again soon enough. And when you do, you will feel like a totally different person. I guarantee it."

"Who the hell are you?" I demand, probing the inky black surroundings for a face to match the voice. "What is going on? I just want to dream about Taro-senpai. Go bother someone else."

"Don't worry I am already doing that right now." The voice states. In fact, you will quickly become more than acquainted right about now."

Right then I felt a weird sensation in my throat. It was like I was going to puke, but it felt different than any puking sensation I have ever felt before. It was almost as though the sensation started in my brain and somehow traveled to my throat. That should not be biologically possible. However, it was happening right now. I opened my mouth to puke and saw a bright blue orb of light flies out of my mouth and shoot upwards towards the sky. That was followed up by complete nothingness.

============================================================

I awoke with a start inside what I assumed to be my bed. I rubbed my eyes and began to look around, expecting to see the same dull room I always awoke in. My eyes widened however once I realized that I was not inside my same dull drab room. The walls are a vibrant yet dark purple color, as are the bedsheets. The walls are adorned with posters of K-pop bands I have never heard of. There is a dressier which is crammed full of clothes. It looks like whoever this person is, they must not be able to afford more storage for clothes. There is a desk with a computer on it just like mine. Unlike my desk, there are tons of pictures in frames. The other wall has a window facing outward towards the street. I get out of bed and look at the pictures. They are pictures of Kokona and her friends and family. All of them are smiling joyfully posing for the camera. All of them feeling emotions that I until now could never experience. I look at the pictures feeling an unusual sensation nag at me. This must be what is referred to as jealousy. What why can I feel this right now? I shouldn't be feeling anything right now. Damn, emotions are confusing.

I have by now figured out I am in Kokona's house for some reason. This baffles me to no end. I was literally sleeping in my bed last night. Now I am in someone else's room, sleeping in their bed, looking at their pictures. It is almost as though I am Kok-

NO! Ayano, that could never happen. That is reserved for crappy fan fiction stories on the internet. That could never happen in real-life, could it? I mean, I don't have a logical answer for why I am here.

Suddenly I hear a knocking sound on the door. Slowly the door creaks open to reveal a disheveled middle-aged man with purple hair that is beginning to grey. He has dark bags under his tearing eyes and his expression seems locked into one of perpetual sadness. I can see that his face is worn and there are many frown lines. Breath that was coated with alcohol flowed from his mouth. He carries a gloomy aura around him that even me who cannot feel emotions can sense. If you told me that anywhere he goes somehow gets darker, I would believe you. The man reeked of depression, loneliness, and desperation. He must be Kokona's father.

"Come on Kokona. It is time for you to go to school." Kokona's father states in a somber voice that appears to be drained of all positive energy. "Go make me proud, make some friends, and most importantly don't leave me like she did." With that, he closes the door with a soft click.

Why did Kokona's father call me Kokona? He may be drunk but I look nothing like Kokona.

Suddenly that sneaking suspicion creeps back into my mind. It seemed so implausible just a few minutes ago. However, now it is seeming to be more and more likely. I grab a school uniform and try to find a bathroom to change. If my assumption is correct, then I will fit right into it. It took me a few minutes, during which time I could feel Kokona's father watching me. I eventually found the bathroom and went inside. It was a relatively normal bathroom with a toilet, sink, shower, etc. After entering and shutting the door, I creep up to the mirror and can't believe what I am seeing. Standing there, staring back at me is an emotionless Kokona.

If I could feel emotions I would surely be stunned and confused. Possibly even a bit terrified. How did this happen?! This defies literally all laws of nature. How am I going to convince everyone that I am the real Kokona? Man, I thought having rivals for senpai's heart was difficult. Suddenly, I came to a brilliant realization. I could ruin Kokona's reputation so easily now and there was nothing she could do about it. I can learn all her dark secrets, break school rules, and embarrass 'myself' in front of senpai.

Then I realized that I didn't know how to undo whatever caused this. Therefore, I will be stuck in Kokona's body with no way of getting Senpai. I will need to figure out how to do that before I try and destroy my rival's reputation.

Suddenly Kokona's Father knocked on the door.

"Please hurry up Kokona. I don't want you to be late for school."

I sighed and shrugged. I better get ready for school.