Chapter 5: Mutually Assured Destruction (3rd Person)

Ayano was mildly surprised to see Kokona. (A/N: In any chapter where I use 3rd Person and I say Ayano, I am referring to the actual Ayano in Kokona's body. This also remains the same if I mention Kokona.) It was definately unusual to see her own body talking to her. That is something no person can expect or get used to. For a minute, she thought that this could be some kind of clone of herself or something like that. She did remember hearing the leader of the Science Club, Kaga Kusha, talking about some kind of cloning production using the DNA of Midori Gurin. Midori was relatively easy to coax into doing it. All he told her was that she could use the club's Wi-Fi to email YanDev and she agreed. What a strange girl. Kaga did approach her asking her to be the base model for a couple of clones. She had refused flatly and for good reason. Who wants clones of a bloodthirsty Yandere running around? Besides, all they would amount to would be more competition for senpai. But then she immediately saw the spark of emotions inside her old body's eyes. At that moment, she knew it was Kokona. Her eyes never look like that, being normally emotionless. The only time that is different is when she is in HIS presence. She could tell that Kokona knew something she shouldn't just from her body language. Her back and arms are stiff as boards. Her face is stoic and stern but not in a threatening way. It is much more of a serious look than that. Ayano could even sense a bit of concern in her eyes. She could tell that she planned no ill-will against the stalker girl.

"Ok let's go then," Ayano replied after a long pause.

As the two girls walked inside the school, their two observers both frowned at this sudden development. Both had widely different thoughts inside their brains. For Saki, those thoughts were of morbid curiosity. Kokona was talking to Ayano? That makes no sense. The two of them probably didn't even know each other's names. They never even talked to each other before. Why were they talking to each other now? And why was Ayano leading Kokona somewhere? When I talked to her, she didn't seem to be in the mood for talking. 'Something does not look right here.' Saki thought to herself. Maybe she is not suicidal but maybe there is something else going on. Of course, Saki couldn't help but feel a twang of jealousy that her best friend had essentially thrown her off just to talk to essentially a stranger. It was only natural for her to feel that way. However, she quickly discarded those thoughts. I must continue to watch her. Maybe this is a bad thing to do to a friend, but this just doesn't add up. 'I'm sorry Kokona.' She thought to herself, 'It is for your own good.'

Budo meanwhile was deeply shocked and honestly kinda offended. Ayano, the girl he was trying so desperately to seduce and honestly loved just as desperately brushed him off to talk to that Kokona girl. Is Ayano in love with that whore? And yes, Budo called her a whore. He had seen her snuggling up to those older men in town. Such a disgusting girl, he didn't believe such women existed until he saw Kokona. Honestly, her openly sleeping around with older men (A/N Budo doesn't know that Kokona is just having dinner and other non-sexual dates only. He just assumes that she has sexual relations.) is a shame because she is a rather attractive woman. Not attractive enough to get into a relationship with but she does have her charm. He can see why older men want to date her. Wait, does that mean that Ayano is a lesbian? Budo's heart rapidly begins to sink. At the very least that means she is bi which means that he now has to deal with the other sex now. 'Maybe,' he thought 'I am looking too far into this. Maybe she just has some important business she and Kokona need to take care of. It is not like Ayano and Kokona talk very often. In fact, this is the first time I have seen them together.' Budo reasoned. Still, he believed that this matter was crucial and he should keep an eye to make sure this didn't progress to anything too serious.

Ayano and Kokona walked together into the school. Meanwhile, both girls were almost (Kokona was aware Budo was following them) oblivious to the fact they were being shadowed. Both Saki and Budo caught glimpses of each other. Both parties realized what the other was doing but decided to stay silent about it. It was not like they could call out the other for stalking since they were also stalking the pair as well. So, the two formed an unspoken agreement, 'I won't tattle on you since calling you out would damage me as well. We both know we should be here, but let's just carry out our business and keep this on the down-low." Of course, neither party could say this since they were trying to remain unnoticed.