Chapter 2- The Swap (Kokona)

I laid in my bed unable to sleep. I was worried sick about my father. His depression over mother's death and pressure from a loan shark was beginning to take its toll on him. He was hardly the same person as he used to be. He is a hollow shell of his former self. He works long hours with overtime at his job. While this is enough to appease the hungry loan shark, it is not enough to cover the cost of tuition. I am forced to do some pretty scummy things to make money. One of those things is going out with much older men. It's disgusting but it has never crossed the line into anything too scummy. All it has consisted of so far are dinner dates and maybe sitting together on a park bench. It pays very well and that has basically allowed me to stay in school. However, I am always wary of being assaulted or worse by a perverted pedophile. I wish I didn't have to do it, but I do what I have to do.

However, I also felt extremely guilty because I got my friends involved. More specifically, I got Saki concerned for me. Saki has been my closest friend ever since middle school. She is like a sister to me. We used to be involved with a group of girls called the 'Rainbow Six'. We were known for the color of our hair. We were very good friends even though most of the group had very little in common with each other. However, last year, all of the members of the Rainbow Six graduated. All besides me and Saki. While that was unfortunate, it did not damper my relationship with Saki. If anything, it strengthened it tremendously. I decided to tell Saki about our financial hardship. Saki responded by attempting to sell her bra to some perv from another school. She decided to not sell the bra at the last minute before the sale was to take place. However, that was only because of my pleading with her not to go through with it. I don't know what I would do if she tried to do that again.

Suddenly I notice mysterious black smoke coming from under my bed. I am confused and also a little bit concerned as the smoke began surrounding me. 

"WTF is going on?" was all I could manage before I am completely surrounded by the mysterious smoke. My vision turns completely black and I swear I feel like I am floating. It is the oddest feeling I have ever felt.

"Don't worry little girl, I will allow you to live without having to worry about your debt for a while." A mysterious voice purrs. Kokona strains trying to locate the source of the voice but fails.

"T-That's impossible," Kokona muttered. "He is so in over his head that he can't even afford to pay my tuition."

"You shall soon learn that with me, nothing is impossible young Kokona." The voice replies.

"Who or what are you?" I question the mysterious voice.

"You will find out eventually young Kokona. Now go have fun in your new life."

Suddenly, I feel like I need to throw up. Something is coming up my throat rapidly. As I open my mouth, expecting to feel warm vomit cover me, I am instead am nearly blinded by a bright blue ball of light. The ball of light shot away into the distance like a missile.

"Well shoot." Was all I could manage to say before I lost consciousness.

============================================================

I awoke in someone's bed. I initially thought it was my own bed, as a normal person would assume. However, as soon as began to look around, I realized that this was definitely not my room. The walls of the room were bare of pretty much anything. They were not painted, adorned with posters (well there was one anime poster but still), or any other decorations. There are no pictures of family or friends. The room feels hollow and empty. Who can live in such a bland room and not go insane?

"Hello? Is anybody here?" I ask looking around the room some more. My voice sounds unusual to me, almost like it is monotone. It is probably nothing but my imagination.