Chapter 6: The Ritual (3rd Person POV)

Ayano swung open the closet door and she and Kokona exited the closet. They again did not notice Saki and Budo hiding by the stairs to the second floor. Even if they did see them, they would have been in too much of a rush to pay them anything but a parting glance. They were walking very quickly. Saki and Budo barely saw them before they slipped into a throng of students and vanished from sight. Saki glanced at her Martial Artist companion.

"I wonder where they are going?" Saki said quizzically.

"Wherever it is, it has to be important because they went flying out of that closet. Budo replied.

"I guess we better follow them. We might finally be able to understand what is wrong with those two." said Saki with hope laced through her words.

"Might as well. My club mates are likely already pissed at me so why even bother. I can make something up this afternoon." Budo agrees with a nod. Together the two stalkers hurry to find where the pair had gone. They didn't have to look for long.

The two unexpected allies spirited themselves down the halls. Their destination? The Occult Clubroom. It wasn't long before the two found the darkroom. Bookshelves filled with books on the paranormal, supernatural, and even the extraterrestrial lines the walls. Against the center wall rested a skull with a dagger stuck into a slot on the forehead. On the carpet was a pentagram, it's points illuminated by candles. The members of the club sat in their seats, all reading books on the unexplained and mysterious, except for one. A girl stood in the middle of the circle, deep in thought. She is short in stature, with messy black-blue hair that appears like it has never been combed. Her eyes have bags suggesting a lack of sleep. Those eyes are a vibrant dark purple color. Her posture is bent slightly forwards as she sways back and forth.

The duo burst into the room, disrupted the club's peaceful reading. Many of the members perk up immediately, they don't usually receive visitors, especially visitors who are in such a hurry. The disturbance also pulls Oka from her thoughts. She is as surprised as the other club members. She silently walks over to greet the visitors.

"U-Um h-hello, w-welcome to the O-Occult Club. H-How can I h-help you?" Oka asks sheepishly.

Something feels off to Oka about these two girls. Almost as though they are trapped in a body

that is not theirs.

"Um yes, it appears me and Ayano over here have had our minds switched to the other's body. Kokona said trying not to sound too ridiculous. Even though this is the Occult Club, she didn't want to weird them out.

Meanwhile, outside the room, Saki and Budo look at each other in confusion. They were both thinking the same thing, 'The Occult Club? Why would Kokona/Ayano stop here? They have never expressed an interest in the Occult before. Something is not right about this.

"A-Ah, a classic example of a mind swap." Oka states, her purple eyes positively glowing. "This is a common thing done by demons to toy with us mortal and to exert their power. I am afraid I will not be able to help you right this second, as it is nearly time for c-class to begin. Come back during club activities and we shall do our best to help you."

The rest of the club nods their heads in approval. With that, Ayano and Kokona leave to go to class. On the way, a Saki pulls up next to Kokona.

"OMG Kokona! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU GOT MINDSWAPPED WITH AYANO!" Saki cried hugging her best friend.

"Well Saki, you never would have believed it if I told you. And also, does this mean you were stalking me?" Kokona asked, already knowing the answer. In her mind, she sighed. 'Jeez, it seems like everyone always likes stalking me.'