Chapter 3- Walk to School (Ayano)

I walked out of Kokona's house soon after her dad left to go to work. I have stalked Kokona walking home from school so I know where her house is in relation to Akademi. In the meanwhile, I grabbed Kokona's phone from my pocket. I want to see what she stores in here. There could be some very juicy information inside that I could exploit. I was looking for anything that could prove she was doing compensatory dating or anything else that could damage her reputation. I thought it would be difficult, seeing as I don't know her passcode. However, it was far easier than I thought it would be. It was almost as though Kokona had committed it to muscle memory. As I scrolled through her messages, I saw something drew my complete interest. It was a conversation between Kokona and a man whose contact name is simply DT.

DT: Hey Kokona. Are you available for another dinner date tonight? I will pay you handsomely for it.

Kokona: I mean, if you are willing to pay handsomely for it, I guess I can go. Are we going to meet at the normal place at the ?

DT: Ok, we can decide on an exact amount at the café. I will see you at the café at 7:30.

Kokona: I just want to reiterate that this is a dinner-only date. I don't want to get intimate with you no matter how much you offer me. That is completely off the table.

DT: Ok, I will respect that. I don't want to be considered a rapist or anything. Although I would have paid you significantly more if you did. Anyway, see you then.

Kokona: Ok, see you then.

This conservation was a couple of days ago so Kokona probably already went on the date. This is insanely juicy evidence that will surely help me once I try and destroy her reputation. I could have Info-Chan edit the screenshot to make it appear like Kokona agreed to have a sexual relationship with this DT guy. I could even take lewd photographs of myself to make it seem extra legitimate. Then I could post them all as an anonymous user on the internet in a place where the school populace/senpai frequents regularly. Senpai would surely not want to date a prostitute. Therefore, Kokona's reputation with senpai would be ruined. She would never be able to have a relationship with her. This is a perfect plan, soon senpai will be all mine.

As I continued walking to school, I noticed a certain Cyan-haired girl up ahead. That must be Kokona's friend Saki. Saki spots me and begins to rapidly close the distance between us. I better go talk to her, she might think it unusual if I just blow her off.

"Kokona-Chan! How are you doing today?" Saki asks warmly, clearly glad to talk to what she believes to be her friend.

"I am hanging in there. How are you doing?"

"Oh, I have been doing just fine. How is the financial situation going."

This question caught me off-guard. Why would Saki ask that question? Is Kokona having financial difficulties at home? That would explain the need for her to be going on compensated dates. However, it is not like Senpai needs to know that.

"It is going about the same as it normally is." I deadpan.

Saki's eyes shift to those of suspicion and concern. Did I answer her question wrong? Great, now she is going to suspicious of me. That is another hurdle I have to overcome.

"Ok then. Remember Kokona, if you need me, I am always just a text away.

I nod and Saki runs off, presumably to get to class. I better follow her.

Saki POV:

'Something seems off about Kokona' I thought as I walked to school. She is not like her normal self. I know she has been through a lot lately, with her financial situation being as bad as it is. However, she has always been willing to talk to me about it. Well except for this one time where she hinted that her father was possibly doing something to her. However, I have never known her to be the type of person to just shrug me off like I was nothing. There was also a cold emotionless look in her eyes as she talked to me. I have known Kokona for longer than I can remember. If you told me that we were put right next to one another in the hospital ward at birth I would believe you. I have never seen that look of emotionlessness inside her eyes. I suspect she is hiding something terrible from me.

A terrifying thought soon passes through my head. What if she is suicidal? I mean, a lack of emotions and care about friends are signs of depression if I am not mistaken. She has been going through a ton of stress lately as I previously mentioned I must keep a very close eye on her and follow her from a distance. Some might call it stalking but I need to make sure my friend is alright. If she commits suicide and I am unable to stop it, I will never forgive myself. I loop around waiting for Kokona to walk by me. Then I follow her into school.

'Don't worry Kokona, I am looking out for you.'

Ayano POV:

Man, that Saki person is annoying. Always coming up and asking needless questions like "Are you alright?"

I am a lovesick stalker with murderous intentions. Of course I am alright! What kinda question is that? If she asks anymore of those types of questions, she will end up like Midori. I shudder at the thought of that.

Kokona needs better friends like Info-Chan or someone to carry her enemy's bodies to the incinerator. That right there is a sign of true friendship because carrying all those corpses around can't be easy on the back. I guess Saki isn't as annoying as that Budo fuckboy. I swear, that guy will not leave me the fuck alone. What's worse is that some people think I like him or that we would be a 'good ship', whatever the hell that means. Don't people see, my eyes are set on Senpai? Whatever, they will know soon enough.

Suddenly, I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, Kokona. Do you mind following me for a minute? I want to talk to you privately." A very familiar voice says behind me. It sounds just like my voice if I was in my own body.

I turn around to see my old body staring at me.

"Or should I say, Ayano Aishi."