Chapter 9

It was the next day, I was chilling on my couch on my phone. I checked the time, "4:03." I whispered to myself. They should be coming soon.

I hear a knock on the door as my face lit up. I ran to the door and quickly put on my shoes and opened the door.

"Hey!" George smiled doing a cute little wave.

"Hello!" I smiled back, closing the door on my way out.

"We also invited Claire if you don't mind. You're friends with her right?" George walked down the deck of my house.

"Yeah, we're pretty close." I opened up the minivan door, Nick sat on the right side and Claire sat on the left side.

"Hey!" Claire saw me and went back to her phone.

I got into the minivan and closed the door behind me. I sat myself in the middle of the back seat at the back of the car as George buckled up in the front passenger seat.

We started backing out of my driveway. Clay accidentally backed out the wrong way and tipped my trash can over.

"Clay what the fuck." George laughed as he looked at the back of the car to see what was going on.

"This is my moms car! I don't fucking know what i'm doing!" Clay laughed, sounding like a kettle or someone wiping windows, as he tried to back out again.

"Dude, you're gonna kill us." Nick laughed as I died in the back.

"What's wrong with you're driveway." Claire looked back at me who was dying of laughter.

"What's wrong with Clays driving." I let out a cackle which made everyone laugh even more.

Clay tried to control himself, "Ok, ok, ok," he started moving the car and suddenly bursted out laughing, "I CAANNNTTT," He struggled to breath, forgetting to stop the car, we ran over my sisters scooter.

"Dude!" Nick shouted from the back laughing as we all felt the bump.

"I'm sorryyy," Clay wheezed.

"Oh my god go!" George shouted while we all broke down laughing.

After like 5 minutes of laughter and hyperventilating we finally started actually moving. Clay wasn't the best driver, while turning we often went over side walks and almost ran over a couple people. We spent about 10 minutes just trying to find a parking spot in downtown.

I hopped out of the car, "I can't believe we made it out alive," I chuckled.

"I'm surprised we aren't dead." George laughed.

"You guys eat anything yet? I know this really good Thai place nearby." Nick brought up as he closed the car door.

"Yeah I haven't eaten since like 10." George turned to Nick.

"Same," Claire adjusted her purse.

"So everyone hasn't eaten yet?" Clay locked the mini van.

"Yup," I assured him.

"Okay!" Nick started walking to the restaurant as all of us followed him.

I walked next to George. "Why'd you guys invite Claire? Just wondering." I whispered to George.

"Nick has a crush on her." George giggled, trying hard not to burst out laughing.

"Oh my god," I giggled.

After we ate at the Thai place it was about 6 already. Claire was being kinda weird, but honestly that's nothing new.

We walked to the fair, it was kinda hot but the breeze kept us all cool.

"Look at the pigeon!" George pointed on our way to the waterfront, smiling at its "cuteness".

"That things ugly as fuck." I laughed.

"Look at its little walk!" George adored at its little wobbly legs.

"Catch this bitch!" Clay took a pebble off the sidewalk and chucked it at the pigeon at full speed.

Nick, Clay, George, and I laughed while Claire just sat their judging us.

When we got to the fair we went to the ticket booth and got unlimited rides passes.

Claire itched her head, "What do you guys want to do fir-"

"DUDE!" Clay pointed at a giant dropper. "WE HAVE TO GO NOW!"

"YES!" George, Nick, and I said in unison.

"Okay!" Claire smiled.

During the dropper ride, I was truly shocked at how loud and high George could screech and scream, what a talent.

"You can't tell me that wasn't fun!" Nick shook Georges shoulders rapidly in excitement as we exited the ride.

"Rollercoaster!" I shouted as I pointed to the big one a couple rides down.

"Lets goooooo!" Clay screamed, running to it, tripping a bit on the way.

As we waited in line for the rollercoaster we discussed about who would be sitting with who.

"I'll sit with George." Claire said as quick as she could and smiled.

I looked at the rollercoaster's giant drop and back at them "Okay i'll si-"

"Uh, how 'bout you sit with Nick?" George suggested to Claire, he looked at Nick and did a little smirk and then back.

"Uh...okay," Disappointed, Claire did a fake a smile as she looked at Nick.

"I'll sit alone then," Clay counted how many people were in front of us to see how much longer we would wait.

We all strapped in, excited, I wiggled my toes, "Wait, i'm kinda terrified now."

"Look at that drop," George stared at the drop, realizing his decision he made to agree to ride on this.

Suddenly the roller coaster started moving and I started slapping George's shoulder, "OH MY GOD!"

George laughed in my state of terror, "We haven't even experienced the drop yet."

I calmed down, the roller coaster train started climbing up the rails slowly

"Oh my god!" George looked down at the ground as we got closer and closer to the drop.

I looked down myself to see, "Oh fuck! Kinda regret my decision now."

"You think!" George laughed.

As soon as the rollercoaster dropped me and George screamed at the top of our lungs while laughing at each other's horrible screeches.