The Broken Oath

This chapter is rated M for sexual content.

Lilly was sitting on the bed, her back to the entrance when she heard someone walk in.

"Lillian," she heard Arthur say.

"Arthur," she spoke blankly.

The pups whined at both of them. "They don't like us fightin'," Arthur stated.

"No, they do not, but they're only animals."

"Heh heh heh, I think we both know they ain't just animals."

Lilly turned around and narrowed her eyes at Arthur, removing herself from the bed and walking to a dresser. "What are they, then? Freaks of nature?" she asked bitterly.

She didn't feel mad at Arthur for a while now, but now she was angry at him again just from looking at him. What he'd said that day really played on her biggest insecurity and Lilly just couldn't forgive him for ignoring her no matter how much she wanted to. Not yet, anyway. Arthur scoffed. "You still on about that?"

Lilly stopped rummaging through the drawers, slowly turned and eyeballed him, her mouth slightly open and her lower jaw jutted forward. The audacity of his callousness was overwhelmingly nerve-wracking. She grabbed a random object from the dresser and threw it at him. He dodged it but it broke the vanity table mirror behind him. "Am I still on about that?!" she shouted. "Yes! I am still on about that, ya fuckin' gobshite!" The pups ran out of the tent.

"Oh don't you play the martyr here, Lillian!" Arthur shouted back. "You didn't say anythin' better to me!"

"All I said was for ya tah stop treatin' me like...well, ya know what I said!"

"You still knew how I'd react!"

"I wasna tryin' tah hurt ya!"

Arthur huffed. "It hurt me all the same!"

"I know! But what you said? Oh, ya said it tah get back at me! And I would forgive ya fer it if ya hadna been ignorin' me this whole bloody time!"

Arthur closed in on her, his face red from anger. "And you think I can forgive you?!"

"Of course not! I shouldna said it and I am sorry, but ya think ya can take me fer granted like that and get away with it now that I'm yer god damn wife!" Lilly started to shake, her fists clenched and the muscles in her face tightened.

"I don't take you for granted!"

"Like hell ya don't! Like with our fight in Blackwater, ya ignored me and ya didna appreciate what we had until I went missin'!"

"Oh, you think I don't appreciate us?" Arthur shoved her into the dresser and pressed his body against her. "I am goin' to show you exactly how much I appreciate you, you loud mouthed little shit!"

"Fuckin' pigheaded bastard!"

"Stupid, ungrateful trollop!"

"God damn arse faced shite!"

"Fuck you!"

"Fuck you too!" Arthur and Lilly stared each other down, both breathing laboriously from their fighting. In a matter of moments they engaged in a frenzied and heated kiss. Arthur gripped her loose hair tightly in one hand as the other gripped the back of Lilly's shirt, squishing her to his chest. In an abrupt series of swift movements, Arthur swirled her around, bent her over the dresser and pulled down her pants to the knees. Lilly listened to him fumbling around with his belt buckle. "Do you need help?" she snapped.