Chapter 6 Your Turn To Cry

***6 Months Later***

"Britney!" Jamie Lynn screamed. It was the first time she'd seen her sister in three months; Britney had been extremely busy with her new music lately.

"Hey little sis," Britney said, running into the house and putting her arms around her.

"I missed you so much," Jamie Lynn said, squeezing her tight.

"I missed you, too," Britney said. "Wow, it's good to be home."

"Still a small town girl?" Jamie asked.

Britney laughed. "You know it," she said. "So where are mom and dad?"

"They went out to a party I think," Jamie Lynn responded.

"On the night I come home? Figures..." Britney muttered.

"Hey, we can still hang out, right?" Jamie Lynn asked, trying to cheer her up.

"Of course," Britney said, smiling at her.

"Hey, do you wanna see my room?" Jamie Lynn asked suddenly. "I just redecorated it last month."

"Sure, I'd love to," Britney said as Jamie lead her down the hallway.

"So what do you think?" Jamie Lynn asked as they entered the room.

"Oh...it's, um...great," Britney said unenthusiastically.

Jamie Lynn noticed her sister's lack of enthusiasm. "...You dont like it?"

"No, no, I love it!"' Britney said, quickly catching herself. "I guess I was just spacing out, I'm sorry."

Jamie Lynn looked up at Britney and noticed her eyes were locked on something across the room. She followed her gaze to see what she was staring at, and as soon as she saw it she felt like slapping herself: It was her favorite NSYNC poster. Justin was front and center on it, of course, with his blonde curls and too- white smile.

"Oh crap, I thought I took that down," Jamie Lynn muttered, walking over towards the poster. She was just about to rip it down when Britney stopped her.

"It's okay, don't bother taking it down."

Jamie Lynn gave her a funny look. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, don't worry, I'm over it," Britney said unconvincingly. "I haven't seen him in half a year, Jamie. We've both moved on with our lives. I'm good, really, I'm fine."

Jamie Lynn smiled. "Good to hear, sis."

Britney suddenly felt the urge to leave. She knew it was stupid, but she felt like that poster was staring her down. Justin, front and center like always. Always the star. The charming golden boy. Perfect.

"Hey, want to get out of here?" Britney asked suddenly.

"Uh...sure," Jamie Lynn said. "Where do you want to go?"

"How about the mall?" Britney asked. "I want to buy you something for your birthday. This way you can pick it out yourself."

"But my birthday isn't for three months," Jamie pointed out.

"Who cares? Let's live a little!" Britney said. "Come on, I know you love shopping just as much as I do."

"...I could use some new shoes," Jamie Lynn said.

"That's the spirit!" Britney said. "Come on, let's go!"

Britney and Jamie Lynn practically sprinted to the car, turning up the radio and rolling down the windows as soon as they got in. It felt great to just go out and spend time with her family like she used to. Before all of the fame and paparazzi and complications.